Thread: TFL Smash Shark

Default TFL Smash Shark

So I just got the boat out for it?s first run on 3s and I am definitely pleased with the performance. I know there is room for improvement on the setup so I was curious what you all have learned about this hull.

I am running the stick 38mm prop with the turn fins set all the way down and angled back slightly. The strut is negative (-2mm) from level with the hull bottom profile. Battery 5000mah 50c is All the way back.

I think I am going to put an aluminum OSE 42mm prop on and see if it helps with the cavitation in the corners. Any ideas or help would be appreciated!

Update on boat setup. Switched to a 40mm cnc prop and set the turn fins angled farther back. Now the boat seems to corner much better. Took it out over the weekend in the chop and let this boat fly! It definitely likes the rough water just as long as you are not straight into the wind or the bow is gunna come around on you.

I am going to Try putting 5s in the boat and see what kind of speed I can get. The 120amp seaking and TFL 3660 2070Kv should be ok?