Thread: Graupner Taifun X-Cat

Default Graupner Taifun X-Cat

I don't see a build here on this model.

I've started back into building RC cars, and trucks since the K. 800 Majesty was done, i went to the Tamiya Club and been bouncing around there like an oil damper, oh about a bakers dozen plus builds, it's a grand Ol' place for anything, Tamiya's sure mostly, until i signed on. so figured i'd start a 2nd dragster build and ended up at OSE for parts for my Mini Rio to see about drive lines.

it always seems when shopping for one vehicle leads to another, now i have about 60 RC's boats included and came across the Taifun X-Cat my first twin esc & motor boat, ok a lil' coin had to be flung in two directions, OSE for two Seven OB drives and Leopard X2's and Cornwall for the boat, i already have two HW 150 esc's here, but i'm ordering two 160's soon as i'm finished typing this.

i'll install CFCFG (carbon fiber colored fiber glass) inside the bottom of the hull soon as it arrives as i continue to finish a few 1/12 PC's , The 1/14 Pacific Grand Hauler, a Valkyrie Vette, a Rally Car and finish lighting for Ella Brood, and now awaiting the MST CFX-W 1/8 4WD J45C and the Kyosho Fantom 1/12 4WD Pan Car on back order and several classics (RE-RE's on their way)plus a few hiding around the house.

i really try to build one kit at a time, with hop-up pre-orders, back orders, shipping taking longer than usual i just can't sit idle.
    Wet again!
    Last edited by Stillwet; 06-02-2020 at 08:33 PM.

ok they're ordered.
    Date Payment Status Fulfillment Status Total
    order # June 02, 2020 authorized

SEAKING PRO 160A ESC (2S-6S) - 160A (2S-6S) 30302460 2
    Subtotal:
    Shipping (Free Ground Shipping available ( 3 -8 business days*)):
    Tax (California State Tax 7.25%):
    Total: USD
    dollar amounts and order #er removed to protect my innocence
    Last edited by Stillwet; 06-02-2020 at 08:28 PM.

OH! dear! Oh d..d..d... dear!
    I'll take two of each please, they're awfully small, Thank you............................................... .............................
    SDC12647 (2).jpg

SDC12649 (2).jpg

Sent from the UK in record time which wasn't necessary but grand efficiency on both part of Cornwall and the delivery service without added fees. (being no rush too build the Lil' fast floatating device)
    As of late some domestic and international shipments have been mostly quite quick but there has been several i'm still hoping and waiting for and it's been several months, so be it (That's Amen anyways) well, this is different, Thanx Graupner!
    SDC12670 (2).jpg
    SDC12672 (2).jpg

Looks like a killer set up, what kinda speeds are you thinking for this ?

Quote Originally Posted by adamysr View Post
    Looks like a killer set up, what kinda speeds are you thinking for this ?
    i'am not sure, i could always trim the tops of the OB hoods and put larger Leopard's in them, and or leave the hoods off completely.
    I did the same thing on my Stiletto, trimmed a nice circle for a taller motor, and now she fly's.
    it just seemed like a very nice kit to be had, now i have two Graupner's. the other a Micro Magic sail boat.
    i know that i can install 29mm-44mm props and i'll need to find the calcs on all the ones i ordered.
    for the most part i'm always pushing the top end, but every aspect of all the electronics can always be dialed back.
    if this boat out does my POPEYE or my Mystic Cat then i'd be floored.
    i have some slower boats that are so fun to see maneuver just the way they look when they're traveling across the water.

I was looking online and it looks like those boats are out of stock or not made anymore ? Cant seem to find them anywhere. Looking forward to seeing the progress on this build

i know the feeling, same thing as hop ups, there today, gone tomorrow.
    when i first saw the kit at OSE (out of stock) i searched and found apparently the last one at Cornwall's.
    i realized i had time to shop for other components and price them out before ordering the kit, just in case this build didn't gel together. OSE had the rest and some here at home.
    it's a different kinda of CAT. Thanx for your interest adamysr junior member dude, i like different, and the challenges that follow, it's fun for sure.
    i'm making some CF parts for it instead of the wood servo holder and beef up the transom with some CF sheets and of course a lil' skim inside the bottom of the hull.

looking forward to the progress