Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Darin's UL1 Race Prep

Quote Originally Posted by mavdriver View Post
    seems like this thread has slow down , well good news Im bringging it back I`m thinking about doing the air dam does it work ? im still a bit offish wouldn`t aquacraft figure that out before they release this boat with all the hype you would think this was allready figure out , don`t get me wrong I love the UL 1 but does it really handle when you put the coals on , major wobble , thats what i get do have to add air dam to settle the sponsons why ? even so still wobbles , sorry just dissapointed I realised this is whole different animal , but give me Catamaran and it just handles , sorry just venting my UL 1 works but don`t hit full throttle she gets squirlly , slow down so she wont flip , come on I`m jet pilot i like to go fast , i don`t want to slow down , only when i need too LOL
    What kind of speeds are you looking to get?

I sold the boat i was gettin around 48 50 on a calm day stock motor 40c 4s 5000mah , i have now move on a motley crew doing consistant 55s and very stable hull .

hey MAVDRIVER if you are doing an air dam try taking a 7/16-1/2 square piece of balsa or something some what soft and epoxy the wood so it sealed or clear coat it then double sided tape in under the hull around two inches back from the front of the tunnel and then hockey tape it to . This method works awesome. with slightly larger prop and the air dam then you set up the strut and sharpen the turn fin and rudder I have been getting a consistant 52mph even in a little rougher water, it sticks on smooth or tailing another boat and running in their wake

John

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345