Thread: Proboat Miss Bud Bent Prop Shaft Help

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Proboat Miss Bud Bent Prop Shaft Help

I am have converted my Proboat Miss Bud 1/12 scale from nitro to electric and have bent two prop shafts (almost 90 degree bend) in a matter of seconds. I have used the Y535 with the nitro and never had this problem and I am a bit perplexed as to why this is happening. My only thought is that the motor is spinning much much faster (32K RPM's) than the old nitro set-up and the 3/16th prop shaft just can't take the added stress.

20200528_083529.jpg 20200528_083638.jpg 20200528_083735.jpg

Is there a upgraded strut system that is recommended as an upgrade for this boat? Or is the motor/battery too much for the old proboat prop shaft? I've spent some time on the forums, but there is almost too much information to sort through and haven't found a solid answer.

Any info or suggestions you all can give would be great. I really have enjoyed this boat and want to take the guess work out of this.

My set-up is a Dynamite A3650 2000Kv motor, stock/new flex shaft, new/prop shaft and a new/balanced/sharpened Octura Y535 prop with one Gen's Ace 3300 4S 35C Lipo (see attached pic).
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by wkelly; 05-28-2020 at 12:52 PM.