Thread: New Zonda 980mm (39-1/2") Carbon Fiber Cat

Default New Zonda 980mm (39-1/2") Carbon Fiber Cat

Good Morning,
    Recently purchased a "New Zonda 980mm (39-1/2") twin Carbon Fiber Cat". I have a couple mono-hulls, and a hydo, although I still have a lot to learn. This cat is my dream boat and hope to make it the fastest in the area. Fast is what I'm hoping to achieve, but without sacrificing reliability. I already have a brand new "Swordfish X 200 amp esc" but can go another route on that. With that esc I can run 6 or 8 s on each side. I would love some ideas on esc's, motors, props and set-ups, for this build from some of you guys that have years of experience.
    Thank you so much in advance!!
    Wayne

"wayne197344@hotmail.com"

Well how fast is fast? Are just wanting a couple passes or a real good speed for the duration of the run?
    1600kv 40x74-80mm Motors would be good to run on 6s and fast passes on 8s. 45-47mm props on 6s and with fine tuning the 45mm props on 8s. Realistically an ESC in the 220-240amp range would be best for the SAW type stuff.
    Those 200’s should do for 6s runs.

This is the first generation Zonda of mine:

Quote Originally Posted by srislash View Post
    Well how fast is fast? Are just wanting a couple passes or a real good speed for the duration of the run?
    1600kv 40x74-80mm Motors would be good to run on 6s and fast passes on 8s. 45-47mm props on 6s and with fine tuning the 45mm props on 8s. Realistically an ESC in the 220-240amp range would be best for the SAW type stuff.
    Those 200?s should do for 6s runs.

This is the first generation Zonda of mine:
    I want it to have more than enough under the hud. So the 200amp Swordfish X asc is rated for up to 8s . So should I step up a little higher? I'm ok with spending more. Thoughts?

badass!

The Swordfish 240’s have always been a good ESC, then you are good for 12s which is headroom.