Hi, Guys. During the quarantine, I have been busy building my first FE boats. One of them, a 30 inch cat, is almost ready to go as of today (read about details here). Now, tomorrow, we are allowed to go out, and there is a pond near by I was thinking of hitting tomorrow early. Now, I am a noob when it comes to boats (been in RC, mostly planes, for decades now), so I want your advice on 2 specific issues:

1. Flex drive: I do not have any specific grease for flex shaft (and with all stores closed, I will not be able to get one either), but I do have regular automotive grease. Will that work for the test run? I have Dynamite Marine grease ordered, but will not arrive in time for this... So my intention is to clean the grease after running, and then using the Dynamite Grease.

2. Hatch issues: because this was my first boat build (scratch built), I did not do a good job with the canopy as far as securing it goes (did a lot better job on my second build, but that is not ready to run yet). Currently, the hatch is secured by friction only, and it is not exactly water proof... Especially the rear part (and with waves coming in from behind). I do not plan for long runs tomorrow (if I run it at all), as I need to check temperatures every few minutes, and we are only allowed to be out a total of 1 hour (Panama's Corona Virus lock-down has been fairly extreme!), so most likely, only one battery pack will be used. My idea was to just use a bit of tape to seal it and call it good. It should be fine like this unless I flip it at top speed, but since I am just trying the boat out, I will not be hitting top speed or anywhere near it, the flipping risk should be reduced.

Anyway, any other advice you want to give?

EDIT: Sorry about the typo in the title!