I have been doing a lot of testing with Flycolor 150's and 40X74 motors on 6S. (our local Q limited class). I write this as I have fielded several questions on KV. Using 1400-1600 kv I see amps from 120 to 150amps and speeds from 52-74mph from monos to hydros. without failure. Today I tested a 1515 1Y 2200kv on a Vision tunnel with a 1614/3 ABC prop. Well it was fast but not low enough in diameter or pitch to make a 1 mile run. Went into overheat failsafe and I was having too much fun and pushed it. It quit and is not going to heal. I have told numerous people who are going very fast jumping 4S setups to 6S it may not be the best idea and high kv and rpms severely limit props.
This does in no way is an indictment on the Flycolor 150 as it is a very good controller but has limit. I must have 8 of them that are doing very well. Every time I see people just jumping up on cells I know it is not a good idea.
tracking 1.JPG
Been building and testing in my back yard while staying at home. Kind of my normal self isolation anyway.
Mic