Thread: Sonic Wake Propeller recommendations?

Default Sonic Wake Propeller recommendations?

Recommendations for 6s? im running a leopard 2200kv if that helps. please let me know, even if its not a sonicwake but the same size boat (36 Inch), let me know what you use for pitch/ diameter. thank you

Running a leopard 2200kv on 6s = 48,000 rpm which will render your Sonicwake uncontrollable. 4s would be a much better setup with the stock prop or similar. I use an Octura M445 1.4 pitch on one of my Pursuits (32Inch) with a Leopard 4074 2150Kv on 4s. On my stock Sonicwake I use a GrimRacer 42x55 1.3 pitch prop on 6s which I'm very happy with. No overheating, saw toothing or flipping all over the place just good oval sport racing fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Capt'n Crash View Post
    Running a leopard 2200kv on 6s = 48,000 rpm which will render your Sonicwake uncontrollable. 4s would be a much better setup with the stock prop or similar. I use an Octura M445 1.4 pitch on one of my Pursuits (32Inch) with a Leopard 4074 2150Kv on 4s. On my stock Sonicwake I use a GrimRacer 42x55 1.3 pitch prop on 6s which I'm very happy with. No overheating, saw toothing or flipping all over the place just good oval sport racing fun.
    That's some good info to have. Thank you. I'm thinking my SonicWake is probably thanking you, and the Pursuit I'll be (eventually) getting will thank you.

~ More peace, love, laughter & kindness would make the world a MUCH better place
    Last edited by Panther6834; 05-25-2020 at 06:22 PM.

Did you have to balance and detounge the prop? I can't find one ready to run.

The GrimRacer prop had to be balanced and sharpened but I did not detounge the prop.
    The M445 came from OSE balanced sharpened and thinned and it is detounged.

The GrimRacer prop had to be balanced and sharpened but I did not detounge the prop.
    The M445 came from OSE balanced sharpened and thinned and it is detounged.
    Picked up one of those (M445 s&b) from Steve, and can't wait to test it out.

~ More peace, love, laughter & kindness would make the world a MUCH better place

If you're still running your Sonicwake on 4s it should be a great prop. It may be a bit too much on 6s though.
    I'm not sure who is doing the prop work for Steve now but the M445's I got from him a couple of years ago where literally works of art.

If you're still running your Sonicwake on 4s it should be a great prop. It may be a bit too much on 6s though.
    I'm not sure who is doing the prop work for Steve now but the M445's I got from him a couple of years ago where literally works of art.
    Regarding 6S, and the M445, is that based only on the stock prop? Asking because, as previously mentioned, I'm replacing the stock 1900kV mirror with a 1400kV motor.

The M445 should be fine on 6s with the lower 1400kv motor which should give you around 30,800 unloaded rpm. I was basing my previous 6s comments on the stock 1900kv motor still being installed which would give you around 41,800 unloaded rpm.

You're definitely going to kick it up a notch with that setup so keep an eye on the temps if you're aiming for long run times.

The M445 should be fine on 6s with the lower 1400kv motor which should give you around 30,800 unloaded rpm. I was basing my previous 6s comments on the stock 1900kv motor still being installed which would give you around 41,800 unloaded rpm.

You're definitely going to kick it up a notch with that setup so keep an eye on the temps if you're aiming for long run times.
    On my Stock Sonicwake I have been running two props that I got from Chris Hoffman which come balanced and sharpened! Attachment 1 is my Sonic X445 prop I love running it on 4s since i GET around 8 9 minutes give or take! For my speed runs, see attachment # 2 - Its my Supersonic 3 blade prop which I have been able to get about 59 mph out of my stock boat and i could have reached 65 no problem but I just ran out of room in the lake, click on the link for the PB!

You can only run with the Supersonic prop for 2 or 3 minutes due to the weight of the prop since i am still running all of my stock electronics! I am looking to upgrade my motor to a Leopard 4074 Motor 1050kv but you have to do some modification due to it being a 40mm can vs the a 36mm can that comes stock! Has anybody tired running a Leopard 3674 2200KV since it would be pretty much a a drop in replacement?

Here is my run PB run with the SuperSonic prop and stock electronics:
    Attached Images Attached Images

Had anybody else seen BoatBitz video on the adjustable stinger they've been working on for the SonicWake? Should be amazing for purchase soon.
    https://youtu.be/TNXiJWaCSmM

~ More peace, love, laughter, & kindness would make the world a MUCH better place

They work awesome!
    BJ42'' / Miss Geico 36'' / TFL Hydro 35'' / Retrieval boat 30'' Tug
    Make sure you check out my Youtube channel -----> shorturl.at/ntFQ7

[QUOTE=Capt'n Crash;745050]Running a leopard 2200kv on 6s = 48,000 rpm which will render your Sonicwake uncontrollable. 4s would be a much better setup with the stock prop or similar. I use an Octura M445 1.4 pitch on one of my Pursuits (32Inch) with a Leopard 4074 2150Kv on 4s. On my stock Sonicwake I use a GrimRacer 42x55 1.3 pitch prop on 6s which I'm very happy with. No overheating, saw toothing or flipping all over the place just good oval sport racing fun.[/Q

I am getting ready to install a Seaking 180 ESC in my SW and going to be making some slight mods for it to fit in the middle of the hull instead of people installing them to the right side of the stock ESC!! I bought a fiberglass mount for the ESC from OSE so it will fit flush ones I make some slight changes to the battery tray!

For the stock electronics on 6s, is there a prop available sharpened and balanced that you would suggest?

What about on 5s?
    Revolt 30, River Jet, Southampton Tug, Outcast 6S BLX, 8ight-E, Ten-SCBE, 22 2.0.
    '09 Miata.
    Ibanez basses and guitars. Mapex drums, Zildjian cymbals.

Quote Originally Posted by skeeler View Post
    For the stock electronics on 6s, is there a prop available sharpened and balanced that you would suggest?

What about on 5s?
    If I were you , I would get a hold of Dasboata and grab one of his Sonic3 props / X442!
    They are nice and light so you will get longer run times!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks for the guidance.
    Revolt 30, River Jet, Southampton Tug, Outcast 6S BLX, 8ight-E, Ten-SCBE, 22 2.0.
    '09 Miata.
    Ibanez basses and guitars. Mapex drums, Zildjian cymbals.