OK, let's get the first few things out of the way. I am a newb at boating (not RC; that I have done since the 80s), and have never detongued, sharpened or polished a boat prop.

I now have 2 FE's, a 30" cat and a 24" Mono that I scratch built during the quarantine to race with my son once we get to go out again (read more about the cat - read more about the mono). Mono is not yet finished (still needs all the hardware installed and some lettering added to the sides).

Anyway, I got some props from OSE, but they are not yet detongued, sharpened, balanced or polished. Now, I live in Panama (not FL, but the one in Central America), so it is not like I can just send out the props to someone here and have them do the work for me, so I will have to do it myself. No biggie, I got the tools to do all of this at home. Now, I am sure I will sharpen, balance and polish, (and most likely, chamfer the boss) but I wanted to ask if you guys recommend I detongue as well?

The CNC props I will leave them be as they are (it says they come ready to rock), but the Optura ones certainly seem so need some work.

20200507_215911.jpg 20200507_215953.jpg

So, my question is, do I detongue or not?

As you can see, I more or less marked the area to detongue (at least what I understand I should take out from what I have read!), as well as removed the casting marks from the body. Is my understanding right?

20200507_222820.jpg 20200507_222831.jpg