Raider ESC 150
    Speed master Stinger Strut
    CF Turn Fins
    CF Trim Tabs
    Graupner K series 42mm to start?
    OSE dual pu rudder
    2-Revolectrix lipo ys5000 2s run in Series
    Spektrum Receiver SR215/DX2E

Here is what I have installed or ordered. This is my first build in 70+ years and will just run for sport, maybe 50 to 60, to impress my grandkids.

I would like to go with one batt but I may have more CG options with two. If one I was thinking 4s to 6s, just guessing. Hope to get some senior input from the FE gurus.

Many Thanks
    Scott
    Pond Gator 🐊

Your motor is best suited for 6S, but the boat will still go on 4S. The 42mm prop will probably be pretty underwhelming on 4S, might need something bigger like a 45mm. You're not in any danger of cooking anything firs time out, so there's room to dial in the speed you want as you get the kinks worked out.
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

OSE has been out of batteries for a few weeks. Would you give me your thoughts on going with a single 5000 5S?
    Thanks
    Pond Gator 🐊

Check out Dinogy Lipos. The owner, Mark F., is a member here on the forums and has what you need in stock.

I'm also looking for batteries for my Raider M34 (build is just starting). I know Steve is currently out of stock, so I looked these Dinogy LiPos up...and, based on several unbiased reviews, one of which included some technical testing, personally, I'd avoid the Dinogy packs, as the C-rating appears to be highly overstated (65C rating, 38C actual).

In off-road racing, I've never had any problems work SMC batteries, & Gens Ace/Tattu batteries are known to extremely good. For my boats, I've been running the Revo & PowerHobby packs, and haven't had any problems...tho, I will admit, the PowerHobby packs have been a bit warmer than the Revos, indicating a probable higher IR.

~ More peace, love, laughter & kindness would make the world a MUCH better place

Quote Originally Posted by Panther6834 View Post
    I'm also looking for batteries for my Raider M34 (build is just starting). I know Steve is currently out of stock, so I looked these Dinogy LiPos up...and, based on several unbiased reviews, one of which included some technical testing, personally, I'd avoid the Dinogy packs, as the C-rating appears to be highly overstated (65C rating, 38C actual).

In off-road racing, I've never had any problems work SMC batteries, & Gens Ace/Tattu batteries are known to extremely good. For my boats, I've been running the Revo & PowerHobby packs, and haven't had any problems...tho, I will admit, the PowerHobby packs have been a bit warmer than the Revos, indicating a probable higher IR.

~ More peace, love, laughter & kindness would make the world a MUCH better place
    If you wouldn't mind posting your sources I'd like to read these unbiased reviews.

I run dinogy packs and I've never had an issue in high current boat setups.

Quote Originally Posted by jingalls007 View Post
    If you wouldn't mind posting your sources I'd like to read these unbiased reviews.

I run dinogy packs and I've never had an issue in high current boat setups.
    Just Google "Dinogy lipo reviews". Not saying they're "bad" (most others are also using falsely-increased C ratings), just that I, personally, would about them. If you have a boat with an ESC that needs a 50C minimum, and your using a 65C battery that's actually 38C, you're going to run into trouble. On the other hand, if you're using a battery marketed as 90C, and it's actually 65C, then you're still 'safe'.

No lipo manufacturer puts a true c rating on their packs anymore

Quote Originally Posted by jim82 View Post
    No lipo manufacturer puts a true c rating on their packs anymore
    Exactly my point...and, that's exactly why you need to get LiPos that are rated considerably higher than what the vehicle's/vessel's "required minimum" is. If 50C is required, you don't get a "50C" battery. You don't even hey a "65C" battery. Realistically, something that's 70C, or higher, is what's truly needed, because that so-called 70C battery is probably a 'true' 50C battery.

Getting back to your exact words, some companies are better, and some are worse, than others. For example...again, using '50C' as the TRUE C ratings, one company might label theirs 60C, while another level theirs 65C, and another might label theirs 70C. The problem is, it's near-impossible to know how much any particular company is falsely "juicing" their battery's C rating.

That being said, as far as I'm aware, only one company - SMC - is honest enough to tell people current battery C ratings are lies. They are even honest enough to tell you that their C ratings are inflated...although, they also tell you that the 'marketed' C rating is only minorly-inflated, that they only do it to remain competitive in sales, and that they could falsely inflate the C ratings even higher...but, they won't. Thankfully, they also provide additional info, so that customers have a better understand if the true power output ability.

No battery manufacturer is truly "honest" about C ratings...but, at least there are a few companies that market their batteries with a C rating that's closer to the true C rating, as there are plenty of others that drastically inflate the C ratings.

Revo Graphene packs, run by many, rated by the manufacture at 70C, have an actual rating closer to 38C. Plenty of high current boats running trouble free with those. Check out the study from MCSGUY on rcgroups.
    Last edited by fweasel; 05-23-2020 at 12:02 AM.
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

Quote Originally Posted by fweasel View Post
    Revo Graphene packs, run by many, rated by the manufacture at 70C, have an actual rating closer to 38C. Plenty of high current boats running trouble free with those.
    I'll stick with the SMC & Gens Ace I've been running for years in my off-road racing vehicles, and the SMC & HRB packs I've been running in my boats. I am, however, looking into the 435 (not 420) Revo Go Packs (Graphene).

The HRB's have an even lower real world C rating, don't expect much from them.
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

Quote Originally Posted by fweasel View Post
    The HRB's have an even lower real world C rating, don't expect much from them.
    I don't. I've only been using them in my ProBoat Shockwave. Been using PowerHobby (a little better, but not by much) I'm my ProBoat SonicWake. Almost forgot to mention, I also use ProTek Graphene packs in done land-based vehicles. If consider trying them in boats, if they made more soft packs.

But, for my Raider M34 (P-Limited), and the ProMarine Skater X2 P-Open), that's why I'm looking for something better...something TRULY race-worthy. Unfortunately, until this "worldwide lockdown" ends, and races start up again, it's near impossible to talk with anyone in-person, to find out what they're using.

Truly Raceworthy? I have been heat racing and going to record trials since 2011. Back in 2011-2014 Hyperion seemed to be the gold standard. I have set records with Zippy's, Hyperion, Dinogy, and Roaring Top. At this point I stick with Roaring Top and would be comfortable with Giant Power other than I can pair up and make 8 & 10 cells with same brand and C rating easier. Look in the book and see what is really fast.
    For your 34 Raider use a pair of 3300 or 3700 6S in parallel and you will attain your speed goals easily. A simple M545 or 1815-1817 ABC works well.
    Mic

Mic Halbrehder
    IMPBA 8656
    NAMBA 1414

Quote Originally Posted by HTVboats View Post
    For your 34 Raider use a pair of 3300 or 3700 6S in parallel and you will attain your speed goals easily. A simple M545 or 1815-1817 ABC works well.
    Mic
    No can do...P-Limited is 4S. As for battery brands, I'm going to check out those Roaring Top and Giant Power packs. Thank you.

In regards to your prop "recommendation", how can you suggest a prop without knowing what motor is installed? In the same boat, 1650kV motor will require an entirely different prop than, say, a 2050kV, or a 2300kV.

Gaint power no longer sells lipos

Quote Originally Posted by eric113 View Post
    Gaint power no longer sells lipos
    Well, that sucks...but, thanks for that info, nonetheless. Saves me from a never-ending search...lol

Dinogy are the same lipo

Sorry I got the conflated with the 40X74 that was considering running on 6S and not P/L. Those props are for the 1600 motor on 6S. Two different Raider's here. For P/L I like a pair of 4S 3000-3300's in parallel. More ma than needed but you make gains in the final laps and don't stress batteries. Prop depends on motor.
    Mic
    https://www.roaringtopusa.com/70c

Mic Halbrehder
    IMPBA 8656
    NAMBA 1414

Quote Originally Posted by HTVboats View Post
    Sorry I got the conflated with the 40X74 that was considering running on 6S and not P/L. Those props are for the 1600 motor on 6S. Two different Raider's here. For P/L I like a pair of 4S 3000-3300's in parallel. More ma than needed but you make gains in the final laps and don't stress batteries. Prop depends on motor.
    Mic
    https://www.roaringtopusa.com/70c
    No worries...I'm used to being confused. Happens to me all the time. In regards to the motor going into my P-Limited Raider, it'll be a 2030kV. Prop suggestions/recommendations?

In our 29" P/Lims with 2050 motors we have run cut down Octura 642 & M445 to 43mm. 443's, 442/3 CNC alum., ABC 1714 1715 and 643/3 Dr Props. Just see what the boat likes. If I had to take one for all around conditions I like the CNC 442/3 blades. Inexpensive, balanced out of the box with machine matched blades.
    Mic

Mic Halbrehder
    IMPBA 8656
    NAMBA 1414

I'm also looking for batteries for my Raider M34...personally, I'd avoid the Dinogy packs, as the C-rating appears to be highly overstated (65C rating, 38C actual).
    I'll stick with the SMC & Gens Ace I've been running for years in my off-road racing vehicles, and the SMC & HRB packs I've been running in my boats.
    for my Raider M34 (P-Limited), and the ProMarine Skater X2 P-Open), that's why I'm looking for something better...something TRULY race-worthy. Unfortunately, until this "worldwide lockdown" ends, and races start up again, it's near impossible to talk with anyone in-person, to find out what they're using.
    Let me start off my issuing an open, public, and honest apology. Not being one to "give up", even though I said I wouldn't consider the Dinogy batteries, I did actually continue research into them...and, the more I researched, the more I found out that they were better than I had initially believed. I had based my 'thoughts' from the first two reviews I had read...and, even then, I hadn't actually read them word-for-word.

I was also won't about not being able to talk to anyone...there was Mark, the owner/founder of Dinogy. So, I called him up, and we talked for a while...QUITE a while, in fact (over a half hour)...and, by the time we hung up, 12 batteries were ordered - 4 each of 3 different types/capacities.

I'll be honest...I'm going to put them against my others, and see how they truly do. If they aren't as good, back to the others I'll go. On the other hand, if they're at least as good...and, to be completely honest, I'm now fairlyy confident they'll actually be better...Mark can expect additional purchases from me, and others (I can be good about "spreading the word") in the future. Whether, or not, you realize you 'elbowed' me, "thank you" to those who did.