Thread: Miss Pepsi U99 1952

Default Miss Pepsi U99 1952

I've looked around all the sites I can think of, & googled through the Wide Wide World of Web. But I can't even find a basic line drawing of this glorious boat.
    If anyone out there can point me in the right direction for some drawings, I would greatly appreciate it.
    I can probably draw up something for the the boat above the waterline from photos, but I would really like to get the steps the right shape & proportions. I just can't find any images of the underside of the thing.

Take note.
    She had two V12 Allisons in line.

Circus 162 built one years ago here on Offshore Electrics forum, but he is no longer active on the forum.

Here's a few pics.

22387711205_be33a55567_h.jpg

2013040902.jpg

89778_1952-099-021319copy.jpg

ebay 133.jpg

download (1).jpg

Cheers.
    Paul.

Cool

I?ve looked for images of the bottom for over 25 years, and found very little. I have the images you show plus more, but no line drawings. I never contacted the Dossin Museum to see what they might have. I built two stand-off scale models of the boat years ago but knew that the bottom was not at all accurate. They were just conventional single step hulls with semi-scale decks.

The attachments show two photos of the actual Miss Pepsi 3 one of the My Sweetie (the Pepsi is said to be an enlarged version of this successful hull) and one of a scale model of unknown accuracy.
    ERROR 403 - This is not the page you are looking for

Thanks for the reply Jay.
    I do have more pics from the museum but the only one that is helpful for the bottom of the boat, is the first pic I posted.

I have sent an email to the museum, but haven't heard back yet. Here's hoping.

Thanks again.
    Paul.

The person holding the model is Ron Daum from the E-RCU group is Seattle. He may have plans or send you a picture of his boats bottom. He may come on and respond to this post, I've seen him on here. He races on both RCU and E-RCU races. Museum is close for now, because of virus.

Hi Leonard.
    Thanks for the reply.
    I'll see if I can contact Ron. But I don't do facebook anymore. And that's all that seems to come up for me in a search.
    Good point about the museum being closed because of the virus.

Cheers.
    Paul.

Ron hasn’t been on the forum in almost 4 years so it is highly unlikely he will see the thread. You could try to e-mail him from OSE.

https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com...hp?10008-RHDWA

ERROR 403 - This is not the page you are looking for

When I built my Pepsi many years ago, I went to the Dossin Museum and took around 30 pix of the Pepsi from all angles, top and bottom. I've searched my workshop twice and can't find them. If one day I accidently trip over them I will post
    Rich

Thanks Jay.
    I'll send him an email.

Rich.
    Thanks for posting.
    A few pics of the bottom would be great if you can find them.

Cheers.

Hello, please leave a private message, maybe it could be useful. Regards.

Ron Daum could help you he built a 1/10th scale of it pm me your email and I will give to Ron unless you are on Facebook he is there also

"Our society strives to avoid any possibility of offending anyone except God.
    Billy Graham

Well guys.
    The Universe is a great place in which to live.
    I emailed Ron last night through his profile here on OSE, & he has already replied with some pics, a brief history lesson on the boat, & an offer to send a line drawing & some more detailed pics.
    So Cool.

Jim.
    Those are some really great shots of the boat. And thanks for your offer, but I'd already sent the email before I saw your post.

I thank you all for your help & suggestions in this. I truly appreciate it.

Stay well.
    Paul.
    Last edited by 785boats; 04-30-2020 at 03:13 AM.