Thread: Quarentine test of my 30" Scratchbuilt cat

Default Quarentine test of my 30" Scratchbuilt cat

This is my first FE, so cut me some slack... I have had 2 boats prior, one nitro the other electric (a Mini Mono that I still have), but both where plastic boats. Built this with my boy and my wife painted the design for me. Because of the quarantine, I cannot leave the house to try it on the lake (besides, it is not like I have the rudder servo installed!), but, being my first build, was looking forward to trying it. Still got some work left to be done (including finishing the cooling system!), but I just wanted to be sure it would at least get up on plane... Never went past mid throttle (about quarter or third, really)... But I like what I saw (potential!).

The pool sides are plastic, so no harm done to the boat (or pool). Did not kept running it, as I have not yet greased the shaft (I know, I should have done that before running it, but I really wanted to try it, and I still need to get the shaft out for the work I got left, so I figured a short hop would not hurt!).

I forgot to include my actual running videos... Here is the one from today (3rd time running it):

She is running 62 Kmh (that's very close to 40 mph, for you American folks). It is running quite cool, so I could go to a better prop, but, then again, I would also need a better lake...

Lots of bouncing. You might try more weight forward or a small amount of negative trim on the strut. I would move weight first, assuming you're strut is set relatively neutral to begin with. Nice to finally see it running!