Thread: First time modding a MambaXLX . Need input thought.

Default First time modding a MambaXLX . Need input thought.

Scratched the oil bath idea and figured water cooled metal pulls heat better than oil. Everything is bonded with JB weld and I was careful to not short circuit the board by having a cured layer on all part that touch the board. I?m just curious if I completely destroyed this by possibly hindering its timing . I have but power to it and no explosive behavior so far. This thing has lots of heat pulling capacity for sure now only if it works correctly
    B1E98509-85D9-49FB-9602-6A8C375DE8F6.jpg5FE3E945-B674-4B22-8C09-F5A3696FCDB8.jpg527B6346-37A3-46F6-9F2D-4DA72D6B9E9E.jpg
    "Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction."
    --Albert Einstein

Is JB Weld not conductive? I haven't used it myself, but have heard it uses steel as a filler.
    Paul Upton-Taylor, Greased Weasel Racing.

JB weld is definitely conductive. If you bridges the power input buses or the three motor phase outputs you probably killed it.

From the first pic it appears you have the JB weld crossing "+", "-" and at least one output phase.
    Brian "Snowman" Buaas
    Team Castle Creations
    NAMBA FE Chairman

Quote Originally Posted by raptor347 View Post
    JB weld is definitely conductive. If you bridges the power input buses or the three motor phase outputs you probably killed it.

From the first pic it appears you have the JB weld crossing "+", "-" and at least one output phase.
    This is directly from JB Q&A BC4D0639-EDD8-4132-B867-D24982005E65.jpg
    "Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction."
    --Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by NativePaul View Post
    Is JB Weld not conductive? I haven't used it myself, but have heard it uses steel as a filler.
    No it is non conductive https://www.jbweld.com/faqs
    --Albert Einstein

I stand corrected. It should be fine then.

I usually just strip the case off, solder copper tubes to the power buses and re-conformal coat it.
    Brian "Snowman" Buaas
    Team Castle Creations
    NAMBA FE Chairman

Quote Originally Posted by raptor347 View Post
    I stand corrected. It should be fine then.

I usually just strip the case off, solder copper tubes to the power buses and re-conformal coat it.
    I’d like to see pics of that someday. I probably went over kill lol
    --Albert Einstein

Default It?s alive

--Albert Einstein