Thread: UL-19 Electronics

Default UL-19 Electronics

Was testing on water yesterday, it cut out one time after a lap or so. Came back on, ran a couple more laps and it died. No overheating smells, batteries had life. Now, on the bench everything comes on, rudder works, I hit throttle motor makes a slight move then everything goes dead again. Is it motor or esc problem ?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Assuming everything is stock... the ESC has a BEC circuit in it, which powers your receiver and servo, fed by the voltage from your lipo packs. If your batteries are fully charged, and after this workbench condition happens you loose power to your receiver and servo, it sounds like a power delivery issue. That could be a bad battery connector or solder joint on those connectors, or possibly a bad ESC.
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

I have a spare Hobbywing 120A, may have to hook that up. I'm always sceptical on these electrics. So did the esc blow because some other issue and will I ruin another one by trying it.

Immediate electronic damage is usually caused by a voltage problem. As long as your batteries are connected properly and within the limits of what the ESC can handle, simply hooking them up and turning on the ESC won't typically damage anything. Current problems usually happen with big power draws, when the motors is spinning a prop in the water. I suspect hooking up the replacement ESC will likely tell you a lot diagnostically.
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

I solved my problem, replaced everything but the motor. Works fine.