Thread: New member

Default New member

Hi All,
    Just found this site tonight and thought I would do an introduction. My R/C boating experience started in 1979 with a Cox Tradewinds Sailboat and then I transitioned to a glow powered (1/2A) Dumas Swamp Buggy later DPI came out with the SKI Nautique and I purchased one in 1990. I still have all three of the boats and they are in excellent condition.
    Now that I am retired, I am looking for two different electric boats. One for a swimming pool that is 33 feet long by 18 feet wide and another boat that is saltwater capable if there is such a thing. Thank you for having me as a member.

Welcome to the forum and happy electric boating. I think an FT009 or FT007 or similar might fit the bill for a pool but there are plenty of others that are similar. I'm sure you will get plenty of other suggestions here. As for saltwater we need a bit more info on what kind of performance/size/price range you are looking at. Most FE boats can handle saltwater as long as you thoroughly flush them out and hose the running hardware down with fresh water after each session.

Thank you so much Capt'n Crash! I did not know FE boats could be used in salt water. So, now I will do my research and post some of my ideas of what I would like. Again, thank you.

Welcome to the forum !! Lots of great members and info !!

Welcome MarkTwain. New member here also. Lots of folks here ready to share their knowledge. I am thankful for that!
    Been Smashing RC Throttles since 1997

New member with Sonicwake 36.
    Not so much worried about salt water issues as I am about motor heat and Prop size because of the higher water density and higher water temperature of Hawaii water. I have already increased cooling capacity. Looking for prop ideas for saltwater use or trim adjustments if it could help with stock longevity.