I was trying to find the thread I originally read about this in, but can't seem to find it. Anyway, I recall someone who had created a thread where his boat flipped (more like did some aerial acrobatics), and, when it landed, his batteries came loose, smashing though the hull. Unfortunately, he hadn't used all 3 straps...only the middle & rear...and even those he admitted were loose.

Although the SonicWake is my first FE, and the only water she's seen is the bathtub (to check for leaks), I do plan on getting her in the lake this afternoon, or tomorrow. Not wanting my batteries to go flying, I devised a way that I think should do an excellent job in keeping them in place...but, I wanted to run my idea past those more familiar with the SonicWake, and FEs in-general.
Due to the length of the packs, they can only be strapped in using two straps, thus allowing them to be positioned forward/rearward on the tray. Unfortunately, there's the possibility that they could side forward/rearward, as ProBoat didn't think to include any sort of blocks to prevent movement. So, what I did was take the "sheet" of styrofoam from the end of the box (the 5/16" thick sheet that 'covers' the Tx), and cut it into 45mm strips (the width of the battery packs). Next, I cut two pieces equal to the battery length, covered the ends in packing tape, then wrapped the length in packing tape. These are visible on each side of the batteries, preventing them from side-to-side movement. For the front, I cut three pieces equal to the width of the battery tray & width of the batteries, then taped them together, and wrapped them similar to the first two pieces.

Now, if anyone at ProBoat/Horizon Hobby is reading this and/or if anyone reading this knows someone at ProBoat/Horizon Hobby that what I'm about to say can be passed onto, please, take note: As 2S & 3S packs are, essentially, standardized in length (I'm NOT saying they "are standardized", only "essentially standardized"), it would be helpful if 3 blocks were included, so as to prevent the packs from sliding/moving. One block would be thick enough to place in front of, or behind, the batteries, so as to have the packs all the way forward, or all the way rearward. The other two blocks would be half as thick, so as to place the battery packs in the middle of the tray. Whichever is used, all three straps would be used, and the batteries would be prevented from moving.

I realize that, using the ultra-soft styrofoam I'm currently using isn't the best solution, especially as it's not very heat-resistant. For a long-term solution, I'm leaning towards closed-cell foam, which not only has a higher heat-resistance, but is also more firm, and will hold its shape much better. So...getting back to what I did (which should be only temporary, until I can come up with a better long-term solution)...what are people's thoughts? Is what I did a 'good' idea? A 'bad' idea? Or, does anyone even care? I'm interested in people's thoughts, as well as suggestions/recommendations.

~ More peace, love, laughter & kindness would make the world a MUCH better place