Thread: My Crawler Truck Distraction

Default My Crawler Truck Distraction

Both my crawlers are Axial SCX10II's. First one Jeep Cherokee kit, its got everything, almost. Second was a RTR Jeep Cherokee bare roller chassis I picked up, set it up as my basher.

SAM_4256.jpgSAM_4251.jpgSAM_4254.jpgSAM_4257.jpgSAM_4259.jpg
    PROBOAT BlackJack 24", ShockWave 26"
    MRP U-31, 3 tunnels VS1, MRP Bud Light, Dumas HS Sprint

More picts only allowed 5 per. Inside back well of Cherokee. The Jeep Cherokee is fully lit, front = head, marker, fog lights, rear = 4 reds + 2 wht interior lights + 8 led safari lights. SAM_4260.jpgSAM_4261.jpg

the beater / basher / smasher, this truck takes major abuse.

SAM_4263.jpgSAM_4265.jpgSAM_4266.jpgSAM_4267.jpg

Nice. I want to get into this as cheap as I can. Would this be a bad idea?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Redcat-Raci...W/352575914266
    Nortavlag Bulc

Bad Idea? I would think not. A new toy is never a bad idea. I would hope that by gen 8 they would have most, if not all the bugs worked out. reviews all seem positive. I really don't have any personal experience with that brand, but you well find reasons to modify, change, improve things any how that's what we do? Like a boat, push the limits, if ya abuse it, don't maintain it, it will break.

Hello ray I'm new to this forum but have been doing crawlers for the last few years. The Red Cat is a great truck if you want to get into the crawler seen. At least a good starter truck once you get bit you will be looking for better ones. Just like me with boats right now. My son in law has one and it pretty much will go anywhere you want. I'm an Axial scx10ii guy I have 4 of those in different configurations. You cant go wrong with it. My suggestion would be to get tires with new foams right away because the stock tires and foams really are no good. After that its all in how you want the truck to look. Good luck!

Default My crew

Rc trucks.jpg
    Rc trucks.jpgblue devil lake .jpg
    I hope these posted I kinda suck at computers. If anyone has any questions I can answer I certainly will as I'm sure you all have forgotten more than I'll ever know at this point

Nice crew / fleet, Ha you read my mind, I was jest going to ask for pictures. feel fee to post as many as you please, action shots get bonus points. So your a truck guy with a boat distraction? I'm a boat guy with a truck distraction!

Anyone else have an rc truck distraction? I want to see your trucks, fast ones, slow ones, big ones, little ones, show us what you got.

Here are a few more things I have going on. Traxxas Rustler highly modified it runs about 75 to 80 MPH you have to tape the body down or that becomes a wing and it starts to literally fly. i painted the body myself. Its not perfect or anything but its good for me. And then I have the Volantex vector 70 sitting on a Prototype trailer I'm building out of balsa wood with Traxxas 1/18 SST wheels on it. It's not quite done i plan on sealing the wood and Polyurethane it after. All experimental here, I plan on using one of my crawlers to deploy the boat. I have the hitch and ball I just need to put them on. I may need to add weight so when I drive it into the lake with boat on it the trailer does float more than the boat. The last pic is water proofing I use for electronics in my Trucks and drones. If you guys haven't heard of it really works. I've had my trucks completely submerged and I spray them with a hose to clean them. Never a problem with electronics. Most are waterproof anyway but its an added protection if you need.
    Attached Images Attached Images

My crawler is a bit larger scale... It can only hit 75 mph, but has a bit longer range than your. A few months ago I drove it all the way to Costa Rica and back! Here is a video of me bashing on it all over the tropics:

nice, it looks so real,lol what a great crawling adventure. I wounder if the wife would get mad if I tried that with her little AWD CRV ? ha ha. Bet I could make it 2 or 3 feet in before its planted.

come on guys, keep the truck pictures / videos coming, show your toys, what ya got ?

So my crawler truck distraction has now been distracted by a 1/10 scale RC Dragster lol. I now putting together a JR Speed funny car kit. I'm starting with a Leopard motor from an old boat project that went a different direction
    .SAM_4332.jpg SAM_4333.jpgSAM_4331.jpgSAM_4334.jpg