Thread: Promarine Skater

Default Promarine Skater

Found a NIB 2x Yellow if any one is looking to buy one.

Schaefer's Hobby Shop
    11659 Gravois Rd
    St Louis, MO 63126
    314-729-7077

Price ??

Believe it was $729

I love that pro marine skater it boogies like my jaguar

Where at ? what website ?

Only see the single mtr and skater no twin ??

I called they had a single and a twin Skater in stock, I ended up buying the single but they did have the 2x there. Now thinking about selling the single I don't think I need 3 of them.

Oh okay. Yea I have a modded single MTR and a single Skater. Just thought I?d maybe add a twin to the collection !

Quote Originally Posted by Rlimits View Post
    I called they had a single and a twin Skater in stock, I ended up buying the single but they did have the 2x there. Now thinking about selling the single I don't think I need 3 of them.
    I have been looking at those for a while. Shoot me a message if you decide to let one go.

I recently picked up the Skater X2, but I seem to have a slight "problem", and I'm hoping someone can help me out. Just so those reading this know, I have already sent Mike an email, and an awaiting his reply...but, in the meantime, I'm also posting in some forums, just in case anyone else can provide the needed info before Mike responds to my email.

The "Instruction Manual and Tuning Guide" included is for the wrong vessel...well, sorta-kinda - it is for the Skater, but it's for the 'standard' Skater, not the X2. As anyone who has, or has seen, both boats, you are aware of the several differences between them. Besides the obvious (2 motors, props, & ESCs), they have entirely different rudder assemblies, batteries are mounted in different positions, and the props need to be installed in a specific location unique to each motor's rotation.

Obviously, I'm in need of the Skater X2 manual. I've checked the ProMarine RC website for a downloadable PDF version, but haven't been able to find one. In my email to Mike, I've asked him if he can mail one to me, or provide with a PDF version. However, I don't know how long (it could be 2-3 days, or 2-3 weeks) it might take for Mike to respond, thus I'm turning to the forums. Does anyone have a PDF Verizon of the Skater X2 manual they can either email to me and/or provide me with the link to download the manual? If you can email me a PDF version, please, send me a PM, and I'll give you my email address. If it's downloadable, can you post the link in here (as others might also be in need)?

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

I can confirm they no longer have the Skater X2, but they do still have the Phantom SV33 X2. As for the Skater X2...well, let's just say, in-person, it's REALLY nice looking. Unfortunately, there's a problem...and I'm hoping someone (or a few people) can help me out.

Starting with the "Instruction Manual and Setup Guide", the wrong one was included. What I have is an RTR Skater X2 - the included manual is for an ARTR single-motor Skater...d different beast, with some different parts. Officially, 'a' manual isn't missing, but, the 'correct' manual is...so, I'm going to count it as "missing".

Additionally, in the product introduction video (found within ProMarine RC's Facebook page), Mike mentions that there's an included piece of paper, showing how to adjust the drives, as well as measurements for the best 'starting point', and a few other measurements. Unfortunately, this piece of paper is completely missing from the box. Making matters worse (at least for my X2), the two drives are NOT even in alignment with each other - one is definitely higher than the other, by an estimated 5-7mm. While it's possible one of them 'might' be set properly I at least one of them is NOT set properly.

I emailed Mike about these things, and his reply wasn't exactly helpful...or kind. His reply said the following:

"I have them digitally on office computer. There are tons of set up videos on our Facebook page. Those will help you more than any manual that has been created."

In Mike's reply, while he did mention all the manuals are "digitally on office computer" (I'm assuming he is referring to PDF format, but I can't confirm such), he didn't bother offering to email the correct manual to me, as I had initially requested. As an alternate idea, I had asked if he could provide a link to download the PDFs, but be wouldn't provide that, either. I did check the videos, and there is nothing mentioning setting/adjusting the drives, nothing related to assembling the rudder assembly (which is, obviously, different than the rudder assembly on the single motor variant), and nothing related to installing the props (obviously, each prop has to go on a specific side).

So...I am turning to the forum faithful. Does anyone have this missing info? If so, can you, please, either post a link here for downloading the missing items...or, PM me, so that I can provide you my email address, so that you can email the PDFs to me.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk