Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Prop damage

Can't be that fast ……. Its on wheels !!

And OFFROAD wheels at that!!! Good one!

Quote Originally Posted by jfrabat View Post
    I could not agree more... And it is even FASTER if you mix said blue with metalic silver!

Attachment 168758
    Is that supposed to give Octopussy a run for it's money?

~ More peace, love, laughter & kindness would make the world a MUCH better place

Ah, so SOMEBODY got it after all...

Quote Originally Posted by jfrabat View Post
    Ah, so SOMEBODY got it after all...
    1) I'm a HUGE James Bond fan.
    2) I also remember the first mega yacht to break 50 knots. Speaking of which, the story behind how it came to be is extremely interesting. As chance has it, it's currently up for sale...but, as they say, "If you have to ask 'How much?', you can't afford it."

~ More peace, love, laughter & kindness would make the world a MUCH better place

Quote Originally Posted by properchopper View Post
    OK, so as long as we've gone off the original topic AND I have some "spare" time (like being under house arrest minus the fashion-delete ankle bracelet) I will say that as a practicing oval racer, being fully aware of your rig on the course is all important. At first I was a lane 4 or 5 racer, then had two cataract lens replacement operations (clinical trial - yahoo) and now I can stay closer both to the inside lane and the pins (mostly) Then I painted my MC Yellow (I've been in heats when they were new on the market and there were 2 or 3 MC's in the original stock livery) boy was that fun and cornfusing.

Not only has the newer yellow paint job made it easier to see where my boat is relative to the course, it keeps reminding me of my favorite circular nutrition module waiting for me in the pits after the heat :

Attachment 168707

With faster boats like P Sport Hydros perfect vision under various lighting conditions is enhanced by standout colors. My favorite example from WW in Arizona a few years ago when dusk was approaching:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=giN0xQeA8RE&t=125s

And finally a VERY IMPORTANT consideration in choosing a hull color when oval racing is making sure the BOTTOM COLOR is as visible as possible when resting belly up (yes it will happen to You ) in the lanes on the back straight (or actually anywhere on the course). When dead on the course your boat is but a teensy speed bump for the other boats in the heat who, if their pit spotter or the CD or Course Judge can see the dead boat and call it out, will (mostly) drive around it.

I just found it advantageous using a lot of colours, to get the benefit of each of them.
    she's called the Harlequin.

001.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by 785boats View Post
    I just found it advantageous using a lot of colours, to get the benefit of each of them.

001.jpg
    I know I shouldn't...I know it's wrong, so very strong...but...I like it.

"Just the right amount of wrong."
    ~ Cosmopolitan Hotel, Las Vegas

But, getting back 'on track', looks like you've for prop damage...ya completely lost it. (just kidding)

001.jpg
    I can just imagine the CD after you jump the start : " The blue boat is over....wait-it's green...or purple...or - oh nuts, never mind
    2008 NAMBA P-Mono & P-Offshore Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder; '15 P-Cat, P-Ltd Cat 2-Lap
    2009/2010 NAMBA P-Sport Hydro Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder, '13 SCSTA P-Ltd Cat High Points
    '11 NAMBA [P-Ltd] : Mono, Offshore, OPC, Sport Hydro; '06 LSO, '12,'13,'14 P Ltd Cat /Mono

You are right Tony.
    A bit confusing to the eye, but easy to see.

Sorry Dzimmermann, for steering this thread off the track again. I just remembered that this thread is about prop damage.

You are right Tony.
    A bit confusing to the eye, but easy to see.

Sorry Dzimmermann, for steering this thread off the track again. I just remembered that this thread is about prop damage.
    You're right. Back on track : https://www.outdoornews.com/2016/10/...p-damage-deer/ Oh wait
    2008 NAMBA P-Mono & P-Offshore Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder; '15 P-Cat, P-Ltd Cat 2-Lap
    2009/2010 NAMBA P-Sport Hydro Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder, '13 SCSTA P-Ltd Cat High Points
    '11 NAMBA [P-Ltd] : Mono, Offshore, OPC, Sport Hydro; '06 LSO, '12,'13,'14 P Ltd Cat /Mono

Quote Originally Posted by properchopper View Post
    You're right. Back on track : https://www.outdoornews.com/2016/10/...p-damage-deer/ Oh wait
    Talk about a corny jokes. Oops, sorry...couldn't resist.

Quote Originally Posted by Panther6834 View Post
    Talk about a corny jokes. Oops, sorry...couldn't resist.

At least it wasn't an animal joke; I can't bear them ......

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12