Thread: Props for 72 skater

Default Props for 72 skater

Hi everyone. I have just finished rigging my 72 Class One Skater, powered by 2 3080 Lehner motors, with 400 controllers . I would very much appreciate any advice on where to begin with prop selecting .

We cannot answer your questions without at least knowing:

- the Kv of the motors
    - the voltage you are running - 10S, 12S....?
    - the cells you are using - brand, C rating, capacity
    - how the packs are wired - series, parallel
    - your speed and run time goals

ERROR 403 - This is not the page you are looking for

Kv 565. Running 14 s. Batteries are mgm50c. Le 5000 mah 7s in series. Speed maybe 130-135.

Kv 565 with 14s batt mgm50c Le5000mah7s in series. Speed maybe 139 - 135.

Quote Originally Posted by Robin Geofroy View Post
    Kv 565 with 14s batt mgm50c Le5000mah7s in series. Speed maybe 139 - 135.
    I hope 130-135 is in km/h
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

You will be very lucky if you find someone with experience of what you are trying to do.

I don't have it for sure, so the best advice I have for you is start small and work your way up slowly checking your temperatures at every step along the way.

edit: (Hopefully some Americans will correct me if I am wrong here, I know there are issues with HV and I believe I am right in what i say, but I am not an american myself so don't have to worry about your rules or regulations too much, and may be off in the details). If you are in the USofA as many people on this forum are, you should know that using 14s (anything over 10s) means that the third party insurances that come with popular model boat organisation memberships wont cover you, so you will either need to arrange your own personal coverage or only operate at closed private waters, also I don't believe there are any organised events in USA that have classes for boats over 10s, so if you wanted to do a SAW run (which seems likely given the speeds you are going for) you would have to come to Europe to do it.
    Last edited by NativePaul; 03-31-2020 at 05:30 PM. Reason: added 14s info
    Paul Upton-Taylor, Greased Weasel Racing.

Thank you very much Paul. I bought the Skater from Class One RC boats in the US. I was advised from friends of mine, that the best way to go for a boat that size is Lehner motors and MGM controllers and batteries. I spoke to Lehner explained exactly what l had length beam and weight. They advised that package and told me l would be very pleased. All the rigging is out of Germany and it is all very good stuff. I actually did just what you advised and started with a small set o props( too small ) ran with a set of 7016 3 blades this afternoon and the boat is flying. Did not push it all the way , will do as you say and keep checking parameters. Many thanks Robin.

Quote Originally Posted by Robin Geofroy View Post
    Thank you very much Paul. I bought the Skater from Class One RC boats in the US. I was advised from friends of mine, that the best way to go for a boat that size is Lehner motors and MGM controllers and batteries. I spoke to Lehner explained exactly what l had length beam and weight. They advised that package and told me l would be very pleased. All the rigging is out of Germany and it is all very good stuff. I actually did just what you advised and started with a small set o props( too small ) ran with a set of 7016 3 blades this afternoon and the boat is flying. Did not push it all the way , will do as you say and keep checking parameters. Many thanks Robin.
    I have a set of 7016/3 specialty made out of cobalt chrome if your interested drop me a e mail at dasboata@aol.com thanks Chris

Quote Originally Posted by dasboata View Post
    I have a set of 7016/3 specialty made out of cobalt chrome if your interested drop me a e mail at dasboata@aol.com thanks Chris
    Chris I would bet your 7414 SS props would be great. too bad you don't have L&R

Quote Originally Posted by photohoward1 View Post
    Chris I would bet your 7414 SS props would be great. too bad you don't have L&R
    agreed the colbalt props are about the same pitch but smaller diameter thanks