Thread: experience with DYmotorshop 38" Zonda? Question re: motor selection?

Default experience with DYmotorshop 38" Zonda? Question re: motor selection?

Hi i'm looking to input on the following as haven't managed to find conclusive info from anyone yet. I'm looking at the DYmotorshop 38' Zonda and must say it's looks quite well spec'd (the hull has nicer lines/ curves than the TFL Zonda imo).

Has anyone spent any hands-on time with a artr 38' DY Zonda or their hulls and can share any views and thoughts on the boat overall (incl overall finish and quality of the hull, hardware and build QC)?

Motor Selection (for running on 6S):
    The boat comes with 2x 180 Seakings and the option of SeaKing 4062 1600KV Motor X 2 or SSS 4074 2200KV x 2. I'm trying to select optimum motors for speed and i'd like it to have a 100mph potential boat whilst also something that can run reliably. Of these two stock motor options which would be the better option (pros/ cons of each) - and would running SSS 4082 2200KV motors be better overall (more speed potential/ less heat) - and would the only down side of the larger motors be shorter battery life? Would 4082 2200KV be able to run 8S (with SK180a)?

Larger Stinger Question:
    I really like the look of long stingers coming out the back of the boat, is there any functional advantages to change from the 3/16 110mm stinger to 140mm stinger (provided it can be fitted to the hull). Would the longer stinger give any handling/ speed advantages or disadvantages?

Any input much appreciated.

Thanks!

Rumors have it that Oxidean Marine is selling them under his name, perfectly ok imho. There are several videos on it, called 'Oxidean Animal'.
    Seen this hull in person, solid build and will do 100mph out of the box on 6S just be aware that is for speed runs. You will burn up electronics quickly. Considering shipping cost nowadays, you might want to source directly from him.
    kV rating translates into heat and friction inside the stuffing tube, you can compensate with using different props. If you are for speed runs only, go with 2200kV but for general fun stuff stay with 1600kV.
    Do not run 8S on the 2200kV, you will blow up bearings, stuffing tube etc, on 1600kV you are probably right on the edge of stress.
    The 2200kV is for 6S max.
    This boat setup is close to ideal, no idea what a longer stinger would accomplish other than being different.

thanks for the info... Keeping in mind i'll be runnign 6S - any views on the DY Zonda or the Oxidine Animal (since they're basically the same) in terms of how it performs for general running with 2200KVs? I know the 2200KV in the Animal makes it a very fast boat, but would a slightly lower KV such as 2000 or 1800 still be capable to hit the same speed as the 2200 (i.e. with a larger prop) and then have an added advantage of being better for general running (i.e. cooler temps, longer run times, etc?)?

Looking for advice for the best motor to spec for this boat (running 6S with Seaking 180a x2)? Would 4082 be the optimum size or would you choose a larger or smaller can and if so why?

Interested to hear any views from everyone... Thanks!