Thread: What batteries do you like for u you our Zelos 36?

Default What batteries do you like for you?re Zelos 36?

I just started the second season with my Zelos and think it?s great.
    When I purchased the boat I also purchased the Horizon recommended Reaction 2.0 5000mAh 50c x 4 and IMHO are good batteries.
    Shortly after I ordered 4x SMC 7400mAh 75c and experienced a pretty big difference, although they swell. One of them even split the hard case.

I?m thinking of getting some more batteries and would like to know of any success or issues you might have had.
    Last edited by tommytt1; 03-19-2020 at 01:13 PM. Reason: Grammar

I assume when you say hard case packs you are talking hard case car packs, if so not a good idea to run hard case packs in fast electric boats.

I've been happy with my Turnigy Graphene packs for the past few seasons. Both the original red and new green version. They are heavier than some packs, and a little bigger, but I have had no swelling issues.
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

Quote Originally Posted by martin View Post
    I assume when you say hard case packs you are talking hard case car packs, if so not a good idea to run hard case packs in fast electric boats.
    Why is that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Quote Originally Posted by fweasel View Post
    I've been happy with my Turnigy Graphene packs for the past few seasons. Both the original red and new green version. They are heavier than some packs, and a little bigger, but I have had no swelling issues.
    I?ve been looking at the Turnigy Graphene packs.

Quote Originally Posted by tommytt1 View Post
    Why is that?

There's nothing wrong with the lipo cells themselves, it's the problems the hard case packaging brings to the boat equation. They can trap water, heat, and hide initial swelling issues we see from a much higher amp draw than most other platforms.
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

Quote Originally Posted by fweasel View Post
    There's nothing wrong with the lipo cells themselves, it's the problems the hard case packaging brings to the boat equation. They can trap water, heat, and hide initial swelling issues we see from a much higher amp draw than most other platforms.
    Understood