Thread: Q-Sport Build of Shooters New Pearl Design

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Q-Sport Build of Shooters New Pearl Design

I picked up the framing kits for the new Spec-Sport and P-Sport Pearl design from Pete a few weeks ago. I really like the sponson and hull design changes that were made. I think this new hull design is going to be a fast hull with a little tweaking and experimenting. Both the LSH and P-Sport frames are completed and awaiting decking.

So I started thinking that it would be really great to have a Q sport boat with this new hull design and have a fleet....HAHA. I knew Pete was thinking that he would like to get a Q boat out there with this design, but wasn't sure when that might happen. He's a busy guy with a regular job and family.... So I talked to Pete to see if he minded if I used his base design and enlarge/modify it to a Q boat. Pete said heck ya, go for it.

After doing some calculations and making sure that the hull was going to meet NAMBA Hull design criteria I came up with a 12% enlargement was needed to give me 37 1/2" hull length. So I traced out each of the P-Sport parts on to graph paper and took them down to a buddy that made the enlargement and printed new parts. This where the fun came in when I started thinking about the integrity of the hull with extra weight, power and speed. I redesigned the interior tub section slightly using 1/4" ply interior rails, motor mount bulkhead is 1/4" with 1/4" bulkhead stantions and using 3/16 sq. sticks through out the hull. The interior rail was also moved outward to widen the tub section for battery space and ESC. So these were the major modifications and really it was a lot of fun figuring it out with mod's to all the bulkheads and the back two sponson bulkheads.

After the modifications were complete I started to trace out the parts on ply, cut out each part and start the initial pin up of the hull. The pictures below are the initial setup and pieces that I have been able to complete since starting cutting over the weekend....LOL Yep....slow process.

So I am contemplating motor & ESC to go into this boat. I kind of want to see where it comes in weight wise compared to my ML GSX 380 hull, which has the Leopard 5692, 1340kv motor in it. So any and all suggestions and ideas are welcome for motor and ESC selection.
    I'll keep the pictures coming as I move along....but it is a slow process with the framework and maintaining a square hull design.
    Attached Images Attached Images