Thread: anyone else unable to log in to intlwaters since their forum update?

Default anyone else unable to log in to intlwaters since their forum update?

i have tried many times in the last few days after the latest update to get logged in with my facebook accound and every time keep getting this error when trying to log in ...URL Blocked: This redirect failed because the redirect URI is not whitelisted in the app?s Client OAuth Settings. Make sure Client and Web OAuth Login are on and add all your app domains as Valid OAuth Redirect URIs.

very frustrating and i cant find anyone to email about it, and the contact us link at the bottom of the page does not work either... box pops up but go to click submit, and get nothing...

can anyone here get in contact with an admin there to see what they can do?

Cool

It works now. They performed a software update this week, likely the reason you could not access the site.

ERROR 403 - This is not the page you are looking for

it still is not working for me... i cleared all cookies and cache, but still nothing....it redirects to the facebook page as shown

Annotation 2020-03-12 111259.jpg

I'm able to login with a standard username and password without trouble.
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

Hmm thats odd... i had tried multiple times to create an account without going the facebook route, but it never worked for me, so i resorted to the facebook login...LOL which still doesnt work...

Quote Originally Posted by bogieboy View Post
    Hmm thats odd... i had tried multiple times to create an account without going the facebook route, but it never worked for me, so i resorted to the facebook login...LOL which still doesnt work... eggy car
    I had the same problem, it still doesn't work for me.

I just logged in now, no issues. Bookmark link I had even used my saved login credentials.
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

This discussion is from three years ago, and post number 6 is a brand new sign up and likely a bot or a scam account. That account only has one post, so if he really can't get logged in, then how is he posting in the first place?

Quote Originally Posted by Xrayted View Post
    This discussion is from three years ago, and post number 6 is a brand new sign up and likely a bot or a scam account. That account only has one post, so if he really can't get logged in, then how is he posting in the first place?
    fuhhh... fell for the oldest trick in the book. The post was at the top of the new posts page and I didn't even see the date. Rookie.

The new AI accounts are getting quite clever.
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

Quote Originally Posted by fweasel View Post
    fuhhh... fell for the oldest trick in the book. The post was at the top of the new posts page and I didn't even see the date. Rookie.

The new AI accounts are getting quite clever.
    hey youre not alone. I pretty much always look for the infamous 1 post thread revival every morning now.

I think that's why the bots always tend to go after multi year old threads. The algorithm simply looks through the discussion, and tries to create an AI chat bot response based on what it perceives the discussion to be, and it's much less noticeable in older discussions versus a fresh one that multiple people are participating in.

In many cases, the bots simply copy and paste word for word someone else's reply earlier in the thread, or they say the exact same thing, but just changing the words up a little, as if they're running the conversation through a thesaurus.

The age of the conversation is one of the first things that tips me off that something might be sketchy. They also seem to come in batches. This is not a heavily trafficked forum with what seems to be the same few users actively participating, so when I log on and see six new accounts created within a day or two, I pretty much assume that it's a bot creating multiple accounts and just hoping that one of them survives.

The spambots will post external links, primarily to gambling or gaming websites. They initially post the link as a white font so that it's invisible unless you activate dark mode of some kind. If the accounts survives for a certain amount of time, they switch it over to a viewable link. I'm traveling and on my phone call posting this, and don't have that capability so if there is a link hidden in the reply, I can't see it at the moment.

I use a Google Chrome plug-in called night eye that allows me to switch any website to dark mode whether they offer it or not, so I see the links whether the forum offers dark mode or not, but I'm traveling, and on my phone at the moment which doesn't have that capability, so if there's a link hidden in that reply, I can't currently see it