Thread: Very shallow prop?

Default Very shallow prop?

So I'm looking for a new prop for my rc warship. I'm looking for something that is 1.75 or 45mm in diameter, with a very shallow pitch to it. The warship community goes by degrees, and the smallest available now is 25, but I'm looking for something less, like 10 or 15 degrees.

I really dont understand props in general, I just know that the less degrees means the less it goes forward, and that's what I want. My ship is a slow ship and even geared to make the speed rules I have to turn the endpoint of the ship down, so I'm not getting the most out of my motor

OSE has an Octura 1245 which a 45mm diameter with a 1.2 pitch ratio. Typical ratio is 1.4+ so this one is relatively low pitched. No idea what the angle in degrees would be sorry.

The degree thing seems to be a combat warship thing I've noticed. I'd guess it's the degree of the blade from being flat, as if you're looking at the side of the prop, 0 would be like just a flat washer on a hub kind of thing.

I think im stuck with the combat props though, I haven't been able to find any really low pitched 4 blade props.

In the past I have taken some of the pitch out of scale brass props, from Raboesch or Rivabo, by simply making an angle template & gently twisting the blades near the hub.

Raboesch 4 blade props
    https://www.maritime-models.co.uk/ac...oat-props.html

Rivabo 4 blade props.
    https://www.cornwallmodelboats.co.uk.../4bladem5.html

The Prop Shop also make scale brass props too.
    Last edited by 785boats; 03-09-2020 at 04:30 AM.