Thread: My Miss Gieco 17 brushless Conversion .

Default My Miss Gieco 17 brushless Conversion .

So I had picked up a Miss Gieco 17over the summer and was really disappointed with how slow it was. Did a a lot of reading on here and decided why not try this conversion. So I started picking up parts for the conversion.
    The list:
    2848 4 Pole BL Marine Motor 3000Kv (DYNM3898)
    30A Brushless Marine ESC 2-3S (DYNM3860)
    Rudder assy
    https://www.offshoreelectrics.com/pr...prod=ose-80047
    Strut assy
    https://www.offshoreelectrics.com/pr...prod=ose-80046
    Flex drive 1/8:
    https://www.offshoreelectrics.com/pr...se-cable-64pkg
    Also picked up a motor mount from OSC

Gutted the Hull and started drilling holes. Sadly one of the rudder holes is off so I need to re-drill one of them. Mounted the Motor mount . Slowly making progress.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Just pulled mine off the shelf the other day while cleaning up the shop. I gutted it a while back and hadn't decided what to do from there. I'm thinking about a pair of outrunner motors and a pair mini hydro struts mounted and a center mount rudder on the back. I need to figure out how I can mount the motors down in the sponsons without removing too much hull material witch then requires re-imagination of the canopy situation. Definitely tight quarters. Good luck with your build!
    Last edited by fweasel; 06-08-2020 at 05:23 PM.
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

Quote Originally Posted by fweasel View Post
    Just pulled mine off the shelf the other day while cleaning up the shop. I gutted it a while back and hadn't decided what to do from there. I'm thinking about a pair of outrunner motors and a pair mini hydro struts mounted and a center mount rudder on the back. I need to figure out how I can mount the motors down in the sponsons without removing too much hull material with then requires re-imagination of the canopy situation. Definitely tight quarters. Good luck with your build!
    That's going to be a little monster. LOL . Yeah there isn't a lot of room inside the hull of this little boat . I'm struggling to get the screws back in to mount the rudder assembly. I've got some modeling clay to help hold the screws but it's still a pain.
    Last edited by 1coopgt; 02-29-2020 at 05:23 PM.

A couple more progress pics. Got to do some sanding now and was trying to figure out where to put the ESC.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by fweasel View Post
    Just pulled mine off the shelf the other day while cleaning up the shop. I gutted it a while back and hadn't decided what to do from there. I'm thinking about a pair of outrunner motors and a pair mini hydro struts mounted and a center mount rudder on the back. I need to figure out how I can mount the motors down in the sponsons without removing too much hull material with then requires re-imagination of the canopy situation. Definitely tight quarters. Good luck with your build!
    How about a couple steerable outdrives? You can get the ones on my geico mono in this subforum.
    "Look good doin' it"
    See the fleet

So a quick question for everyone. Did the folks that Modified there Miss Gieco 17 with a brushless motor re-use the servo that cam with the boat or did you upgrade the servo too. If you upgraded the servo ,what did you use. Thanks for any help.

So the boat is pretty much done now . Finally glued in the servo mount. I still need to mount the receiver but that's nothing. Wondering how well she will be on the water.IMG_20200607_184545.jpg

From that picture, it looks like the motor shaft angle does not match the stuffing tube angle, and there appears to be a bit of a bend in the cable and liner between the two. Almost as if the motor is mounted too low.
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

I'll take a closer look at it .

How did it turn out??

Actually I haven't had it in the water yet.