Thread: seaking 180 lvc question

Default seaking 180 lvc question

for those in the know .this is my first sk180

when it hits lvc it does not recover?

i hit lvc pretty early on today .i was stuck in half throttle mode thereafter . these things dont reset?

even my cheap flycolor 150 would recover after lipo voltage came back up .

sorry if this been covered before ,i didnt feel like searching .
    volantex vector pro ,proboat veles 29 , traxxas spartan, hobbyking/tfl pursuit ,ft009 with rescue rigging

pretty sure that ESC has to be shut off and turned on again to reset the LVC. Not to mention, that ESC is known for a flaky, and overly sensitive LVC circuit. I recommend you disable it all together and time your runs instead, aiming to bring the boat back with the cells near 3.8V
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

yeah i was afraid of that ,should have known better to buy one .
    volantex vector pro ,proboat veles 29 , traxxas spartan, hobbyking/tfl pursuit ,ft009 with rescue rigging

ESC is great aside from that one issue, and there's no reason to replace it. LVC is really a false crutch anyways.
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

Not a LV cut I am pretty sure. It is an over heat issue. I had the same issues with these in my H&M T-4 hydro I just built and slowly cured it by adding more water flow, better cooling heat sinks {dual} and one step smaller prop. I now have it running just as fast and no cut off ever. Great little ESC that kicks ass every time for the money and is water proof too!

many of us experienced the LVC issues.....sadly I bought 3 of these seaking 180 at the same time ....then learned about the LVC issue

caused me the same problems on all 3 boats......I had to turn all 3 off

In retrospect the LVC is a false sense of security ...know your equipment and time your runs

+1 on know your equipment and time your runs. I have several FE boats and do no rely on the LVC for any of them.