Thread: Water cooling issue ?

Default Water cooling issue ?

Hi all the other day while checking over my J.A.E. .21 FE i tried sqeezing a 2 oz syringe of water through the water cooling system i noticed a partial blockage after trouble shooting the system the after market aluminum water jacket for the Leopard 3674 with the 90 degree brass fittings that Offshore sells was the problem . After removing the water jacket i noticed a lot of calcium build up on the inside of the jacket and the can of the motor after cleaning both surfaces with a wire wheel and Dremel i put everything back together and had good water flow. I run my boats on fresh water lakes and at the end of the season i push several syringe full's of air through the system to flush residual water out of the system. What can i do to prevent this problem from coming back ? Regards Andris Golts.

Squirt some WD40 through the cooling system after a run. There must be a high mineral content in the water you run.
    NZMPBA 2013, 2016 Open Electric Champion. NZMPBA 2016 P Offshore Champion.
    2016 SUHA Q Sport Hydro Hi Points Champion.
    BOPMPBC Open Mono, Open Electric Champion.

I always flush the system through with fresh clean water when i get home, that's every time i go running boats.

We Run in the Ocean and Always Flush Systems with Salt Away, not only does it Flush out Minerals and Salt it Leaves a Protective Coating when dry. We use it on Fresh water As well.
    https://youtu.be/HJC5XbCqAFI