Thread: Water line grommet

Default Water line grommet

Hello all I recently ordered larger tubing for my boat and I'd like to get my hands on some water grommets that will fit the larger size tubing. It's 8mm outer diameres with a 4mm inner diameter. All I can find is grommets with a 6.8mm inner diameter so I don't believe that is wide enough to let the new tubing through. I'd also really prefer them be black annodized aluminum for my scholor scheme I'll be painting my boat.

OSE Has them. Fits 7.9 mm tubing or mo-clr-tub tubing : Silver anodized color under Cooling System Parts

Grommets are not needed.

You can just drill a slightly undersized hole and push the silicon tubing through, the tubing will create its own seal.

Or you can drill a 5mm hole in the hull, glue a short length of alloy or brass 5mm x.45mm wall tube into the hole in the hull, and push fit your silicon tube on to that metal tube on either side of the hull.
    Paul Upton-Taylor, Greased Weasel Racing.

I know they're not needed I want it for the cleaner look. I saw the 7.9mm ones but was hoping there was a black edition but I didn't think of just painting the ones I got black - which is what I was looking for haha Thanks for the replies!!