Thread: A Reliable, Sport 120A - 150A ESC

Default A Reliable, Sport 120A - 150A ESC

Hi Guys! I?m looking for a reliable, sport, 120A to 150A ESC to replace a Castle Creations 120A ESC that is no longer programmable. I used to be active here, but I’ve been out of RC boating for about 10 years, but would like to resume the hobby again this summer.

I stopped charging my LiPos about 4 years ago. Who knows what condition they?re in? I left because MA ponds are infested with water chestnuts, a weed that looks like water lilies, but causes havoc on RC boats. I have bare hulls I haven?t even built yet...

Thanks!
    Mean Machine Cat: 9XL, 4S2P, CC120, M545 (50mph) -- DF22 Hydro: 8L, 3S1P/4500, CC120, x637 (49mph) -- M-1 SuperCat: 1521/1Y, 6S2P, CC240, x447 (61mph) -- SV27 Mono: stock setup, 14-cell/4200, x642 (42mph) -- Micro Scat Cat: 28-3600, 3S1P/2100, Turnigy 60, x430 (41mph)

These seem to be popular.. So popular they are sold out. I wonder if Steven can give you an ETA on the next batch.

https://www.offshoreelectrics.com/pr...=ose-R-150C-v2

Haha as soon as i saw the title i was gonna say a Raider as well... i bought the generic lower grade one (no added caps) from flycolor and havent had any big issues so to speak, (i did have the first one burn out the bec circuit on 6s, come to find out they dont like that and you should use an external bec on 6s...LOL) but again, thats the flycolor one, NOT the OSE raider...

The SeaKing Pro 160A is a second good option although slightly more expensive.
    It is in stock: https://www.offshoreelectrics.com/pr...eaking-160-pro
    Tyler Garrard
    NAMBA 639/IMPBA 20525
    T-Hydro @ 142.94mph former WR

If your amp needs are on the lower end of that scale, the Dynamite 120A in the Proboat RTR models has been very reliable and can often be found second hand for cheap.
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

I purchased the OSE raider 150amp and not sure the wires for the motor and no forward or reverse it just keeps on making light continues beeping. Any help?

Quote Originally Posted by Warlord View Post
    I purchased the OSE raider 150amp and not sure the wires for the motor and no forward or reverse it just keeps on making light continues beeping. Any help?
    First get a program card. The current problem you have is either no signal, check that the esc is plugged into the rx the right way around, or you need to set the throttle calibration. To do this, hold full throttle on the tx, power up the esc, it will beep, move the throttle back to centre, it will beep twice and then beep the cell count. It should be ready after that.
    If all else fails, read the instructions that came with it.
    NZMPBA 2013, 2016 Open Electric Champion. NZMPBA 2016 P Offshore Champion.
    2016 SUHA Q Sport Hydro Hi Points Champion.
    BOPMPBC Open Mono, Open Electric Champion.

Thank you I purchased the program card followed it then followed the YouTube video for calibration and after that is when it continues to make light beeping sounds with no forward or reverse

WHat battery are you using tho set it up?
    Nortavlag Bulc

I?m using the batteries lectern pro?s I bought from a local shop in Washington in series because I was running 6?s the dynamite 120 amp ESC on/off switch wiring got hot an melted on a run and boat died in middle of the lake. I was upgrading my pro oat UL-19 . I have upgraded the RC boat bliz dual pick up and power HD servo from OSE . It was running fine until the switch wire fused together. Now I?m stuck. Every video on YouTube states the middle wire should always be the same and two outside wires can be reversed depending on direction of rotation. I have an email from OSE about the direction on my transmitter is on reverse because just before it died it was in forward but prop was rotating opposite. So I?ll put in forward on transmitter and then calibrate . Thanks for all the help I?ll update if it calibrates finally

Make sure your throttle trim is centred as well or the esc will not arm. The continuous beeping is what happens when the esc does not get the signal from the rx. I have seen this happen also when the throttle trim was not centred. As far as reversing the motor direction goes, the program card will do that, just plug the motor/esc wires in however they line up best to your liking.
    NZMPBA 2013, 2016 Open Electric Champion. NZMPBA 2016 P Offshore Champion.
    2016 SUHA Q Sport Hydro Hi Points Champion.
    BOPMPBC Open Mono, Open Electric Champion.

It was my transmitter in reverse direction while calibrating I switch it to normal and it calibrated. I had problems with the original esc before it died that?s why I replaced it. If you read my other treads you?ll see why it was reversed . Every thing is fine now they responded to my email at OSE and that was one of their process of elimination to make sure direction in forward position.

Common mistake. Good work.
    Ron - The Villages, FL

https://castawaysboatworx.org/