Hey everyone,

Im about to purchase my second Zelos 36" because i love the first one I got so much.

I want to make this second one custom inside and out and I dont want to cut corners.

What im doing externally is having a body shop friend of mine spray the hull metallic orange with a gloss black underbelly. My son drives the boats and his name is mitch so by the cockpit im going to have "Driver: Mitchell" above the mock windshield on the starboard side in matte black.

As for internally, I wanted to put in the following:

Replace the 2 stock Dynamite 120a, with 2 Hobby Wing Seaking 180a v3 to handle more speed and acceleration. I did this upgrade to my Sonicwake 36" and now the thing runs beautifully on 6s with no cooling problems and it runs amazingly well and fast.

The questions I have mainly arise from my desire to change the motors to give it even more umph than my stock one I already have. I havent built a boat before so I obviously dont want to buy anything i dont need or isnt worth it.

The stock motors are Dynamite 36.68mm, 6 Pole, 2000KV and Id like to replace them with something, again, to give it more top speed, acceleration and just overall more range of speed, but im not sure what motor I can get that will fit inside the Zelos 36" hull.

I dont drive my boats for speed runs then bring it in before it gets too hot. I like to putt them around for a bit then do a couple quick runs here and there but pretty calmy driving it for the most part. On my stock one I can squeeze about ~15 minutes out of it driving it like that so i dont want to get a bigger motor just to have it suck up all the power and limit its run time to the single digit minutes. So when looking for a new motor I dont want all out speed, just a decent step up from the stock ones without destroying the run time. Id like to be able to use the same batteries on both of my Zelos' (6s wired to each half of the boat). Ive seen many people mention in their videos "lepoard motors" - I see on this sites online store there are many leopard motors for purchase and im not sure which one to get. Like I said i want to upgrade everything in my new/second Zelos. And a better motor ontop of the 180s Seakings, im hoping will have good results - I just dont know how to determine power to speed ratio when considering upgrading a motor in an rc boat!

Next Id want to give it some subtle style by swapping out the stock battery/parts tray for a carbon fiber tray - I think the one to get for this would be https://www.offshoreelectrics.com/pr...rod=tfl-858b15

As for the Radio and Servo Im sure the stock radio will be fine as I will not be needing auxiliary fuctions besides throttle and steering so this 2 channel radio should do but maybe upgrading this will make the controls feel more crisp?

However the servo, dealing with upgraded motors (Ideally) id like the reassurance of a strong one that can handle what I want to throw at it.

The stock Servo is a 9KG Servo, WP, Metal Center Case, 23T. This being my first build I'm not sure how to research replacements for a servo or what is important to consider when upgrading one but I see there are servos in themselves as well as servo arms.

For the arms, the stock zelos being a dual armed Im looking towards https://www.offshoreelectrics.com/pr...hp?prod=hh-672 for a dual arm set up.
Can anyone recommend a better servo unit that is compatible with these stronger arms?

also does anyone know if there exists a replacement for the hatch hand screws for push-in type locks? Like tops you push in and they click and lock in place then you press again to release?

Thank you all for your contributions and thank you for reading through this mess I am very excited and will keep you all posted on the build if you want!