Thread: Banggood online store for RC Boats

Default Banggood online store for RC Boats

Can anybody tell me if Banggood is a reputable site to purchase from? I am trying to find the best place to purchase a Wltoy WL 915 rc boat. Your input would be greatly appreciated.

I have purchased a couple of items off of Banggood. I received both shipments as ordered and in working order. HOWEVER, be prepare to wait. The order processing, handling, and shipping take FOREVER. I would also say there is ALWAYS an assumed risk when buying from these sites.

Do have any recommendations for who to order from ? Would Amazon be more protected and reliable? I am sure there are rc hobby sites but I just don?t know who they are.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by davidshaw57 View Post
    Do have any recommendations for who to order from ? Would Amazon be more protected and reliable? I am sure there are rc hobby sites but I just don?t know who they are.
    Thanks
    I order most often from OSE. One stop shopping. I'm rarely buying ready to run stuff though.

I also buy from my local hobby shop very often. Just not actual boat parts. Servos, radios stuff, wood I buy from the local hobby.
    Noisy person

I buy a lot of FPV and planes from banggood, cant beat the prices, only drawback is shipping 3-4 weeks
    I have a $350 order in my shopping cart NOW Im about to place an order for for a tranis and more long range gear

I've bought quite a few things from Banggood, boats, batteries,motors, ESC's & various tools for work. Mostly free postage or very minimal postage
    All things were posted & arrived in a timely manner all the way to here in Australia. No complaints here.
    Once, I ordered a Pursuit boat for 300 odd bucks. They sent me a fully rigged twin drive carbon kevlar 41" Zonda worth nearly 1000 bucks.
    When I told them, they just said 'send another $50.00 and I could keep it'. Obviously cheaper for them. But a good bargain for me. I call that good customer service.

But as Terry said, buy most hobby grade gear from Steve here on Offshore Electrics.
    https://www.offshoreelectrics.com/categories.php

Most parts places are closed for Chinese New year and Vietnamese new year until Feb. First so be prepared to wait for additional time once they resume business. Gonna be backed up for a few days, been Waiting on parts for my super Baja rey rc truck also.
    Stiletto 29, Lucas cat, miss Geico 29, motley crew 6s, motley crew 4s, and counting

I've had good success ordering boats from Banggood and they even seem to stock a good amount of replacement parts for the items they sell. No complaints here.

Banggood isn’t a bad online store. The products they have are pretty OK and inexpensive. But as has already been said, their main problems are delivery time and order processing. Too long, and sometimes you regret you ordered from them in the first place. Another disadvantage is that discounts are very few and far between. Amazon lets you buy a lot more goods for less than the market price. Moreover, you benefit from Amazon giveaways all the time, plus the chance of buying something for cheap is higher.
    Last edited by robcameron; 03-21-2022 at 03:18 AM.

Shipping is slow and not 100% reliable. I had a wl915 and would not recommend it .

Keep in mind that shipping is outside the control of any company, and it has been especially bad in the last 2 years.
    I have always gotten my stuff, it does fall into a black hole when it goes through customs, but their shipping estimate is typically accurate i.e. 30 days is anywhere from 25-35 days. You can always file a dispute and get your money back if that time is up.
    That is about as reputable as it can get.

Wow guys replying to a 2 year old thread. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by longballlumber View Post
    I have purchased a couple of items off of Banggood. I received both shipments as ordered and in working order. HOWEVER, be prepare to wait. The order processing, handling, and shipping take FOREVER. I would also say there is ALWAYS an assumed risk when buying from these sites.
    I'm in Canada and most small orders only take 2 weeks at most.
    Nortavlag Bulc

Quote Originally Posted by 1coopgt View Post
    Hey, I dug up a 11 year old thread and I might buy the boat if ha can find it.
    Nortavlag Bulc

Agreed, not unusual and still relevant.

I support sellers who are trying to promote their business separately from Amazon. This is why I like Banggood. I trust them with my orders. Usually, they have everything I need, and I'm ready to accept even a long delivery. In the end, this is not a problem if you clearly understand your needs. I know that when placing an order for any spare part or accessory for a boat, I must be prepared that the product is out of stock or not so easy to get. It suits me. If I was dissatisfied, I should have ordered the creation of a site from https://transformagency.com/ and showed how to trade correctly, haha.

Bangood is ok but wltoy boats are not. Or wltoy anything for that matter. Spend a little more and you won't regret it. Really crappy parts and boats leak bad. Components not water resistant enough and will get fried.

Quote Originally Posted by 1coopgt View Post
    I'm 62 years old so 2 years ain't too bad I guess LOL