Thread: Sonicwake 36 holes in hull

Default Sonicwake 36 holes in hull

Just bought the Sonicwake v2. I want to move the cooling hoses outlets further back in the hull. What's the best way to fill the old holes? I've never worked with a plastic hull before. Thanks
    Last edited by Nick1979; 04-30-2022 at 07:16 PM.

Nick, I've run into this situation a few times. What I've done (I'm sure there are other cures but...) : Assuming you've got access to the inside of the hull where the holes are, Use your tape-up waterproofing hockey tape to tape over the outside of the holes, Then mix up your favorite batch of epoxy. Lean the hull so the holes are parallel to the workbench and pour epoxy over the inside holes. When cured the tape should peel off leaving a smooth outside surface.
    2008 NAMBA P-Mono & P-Offshore Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder; '15 P-Cat, P-Ltd Cat 2-Lap
    2009/2010 NAMBA P-Sport Hydro Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder, '13 SCSTA P-Ltd Cat High Points
    '11 NAMBA [P-Ltd] : Mono, Offshore, OPC, Sport Hydro; '06 LSO, '12,'13,'14 P Ltd Cat /Mono

Thank you so much for the detailed explanation. I did a very similar thing. I wasn't sure epoxy would bind properly to ABS plastic, so I used Plasticweld putty and essentially achieved what you described with excellent results.