Thread: Torque steer solutions

Default Torque steer solutions

I am hoping for help I am really happy with the speed of my 600 mm 4 s rigger I finally modded a prop myself by learning from different forum tutorials I detongued, back cut ,cupped, polished and balanced a prop and now this little rigger hits 70 mph with acceptable temps but I think she has more speed in her at the moment it needs a bit of Lh rudder to counteract the torque steer I?m hoping some of the racers might have ways of counteracting this torque other than turning the rudder,that don?t cost as much speed.
    I?m all ears for any advise if you have proven it by GPS or some accurate method.
    I just don?t want to ruin what I?ve got just on a whim but I?m hopping for help.

Cool

What prop? You don?t mention ?sharpened?, a dull prop will cause more prop walk. The prop should be razor sharp.

You can try offsetting the tub to the right, try 12mm at first. Sometimes you just have to use rudder trim.....

ERROR 403 - This is not the page you are looking for

You can shim the strut to straighten the boat out too. A couple shim washers On the bolts between The strut and hull on the side it steers towards can rectify this problem without creating unnecessary drag

Shawn

P.S: same thing can be applied to the turn fin
    Last edited by srislash; 11-17-2020 at 10:03 PM.

Thank fluid,
    Oh I missed that it?s razor sharp on the lead edge right up to where the cup starts,
    I glued the boom tubes but I have had glued ones shift in a flip in the past they are shiny and epoxy doesn?t grip shiny carbon that well .

Thanks Shawn Moving the strut is something I considered but didn?t know what side to shim.

Quote Originally Posted by RC boat addict View Post
    Thanks Shawn Moving the strut is something I considered but didn?t know what side to shim.
    Shim the rhs. Try using a bit of coke can, loosen off the screws and slip it between the strut bracket and the transom. Add pieces until you are happy with it.
    NZMPBA 2013, 2016 Open Electric Champion. NZMPBA 2016 P Offshore Champion.
    2016 SUHA Q Sport Hydro Hi Points Champion.
    BOPMPBC Open Mono, Open Electric Champion.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter A View Post
    Shim the rhs. Try using a bit of coke can, loosen off the screws and slip it between the strut bracket and the transom. Add pieces until you are happy with it.
    That is an easy cheap method, man, I love your thinking Peter.