Thread: Delta force / pirate 35

Default Delta force / pirate 35

Quick questions

is the hull design (lower hull) much the same i see there is 1" difference...

And setup wise, 1521 1y on 5s 45mm 3 blade prop?
    or lehner 2260 8/9 and 6s similar prop ?

what do people run 2x 3s or 2x 6s for batts? would like ~60mph decent run time and not too high on temps.

i have the NEU or a ESC to work with the lehner, so either is a option...

Is it necessary to put a layer of carbon in the hulls or are they okay?

I think i prefer the pirate looks but open to options..
    Thanks guys,
    Hpr 06 / 09 / 150 /185, Mhz Skater H45 hydro.
    Uk SAW record holder

The Deltaforce has a ride pad and the Pirate does not apart from that they are very similar in design, the pirate seems to have a larger freeboard and apparently handles the rough better than the DF. This information came from the a different thread I was reading the other month..

The DF boats are really well made and don?t need reinforcement if they are fitted with ply rails, if not then a layer of CF will help to stiffen the bottom of the hull.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Good to know, I’d assume the deltaforce would draw less amps but the trade off it getting bounced around a bit more ?
    Uk SAW record holder

Quote Originally Posted by vvviivvv View Post
    Good to know, I?d assume the deltaforce would draw less amps but the trade off it getting bounced around a bit more ?
    I?m a huge fan of the original DF, very fast boats but they had a tendency to not really like choppy water, have you looked at the new Seaducer monos? Jerry makes an awesome boat at a good price with some cool gel coat colours.

If your sticking with the DeltaForce boats then I would recommend the Pirate 35

I run the DF Storm, 1521 Neu , 1914-15-60 , 4s 5000 stix not bricks. with the non lifting prop, and cog 34-35 % temps 120*flat skid fins not the tear drop. really stable.
    Jay.

Quote Originally Posted by StevenBryant View Post
    I?m a huge fan of the original DF, very fast boats but they had a tendency to not really like choppy water, have you looked at the new Seaducer monos? Jerry makes an awesome boat at a good price with some cool gel coat colours.

I hadn't but did some quick research and the DF seem to come up trumps more...
    Uk SAW record holder

Wont be racing or anything, just need to build a backup boat for extra fun / run times at the lake, especially if its a little more choppy... so by the sounds of it a DF pirate fits the bill the best?

thoughts on the OSE carbon raider? I guess i can't go wrong with either, id prefer to use a stinger strut just for looks

back to setups, am i better off with a lower weight boat 4s and higher KV in this size range or for longer runs lower temps go 6s with a 1521 1y / 5s? / equivalent Lehner
    Uk SAW record holder

From some research i've done thinking to go with my 1521 1y, 6s2p, x445/3 and a swordfish XF 220A

Anyone care to chime in before i start purchasing what i need? i already have the motor..

Which is the best hardware kit to go with? (i've already got a wanted in the sales section - but if nothing turns up ill just buy new)
    Uk SAW record holder

This is a solid set up. With 6S and 1521Kv motor, you'll be in the mid 30K RPM's roughly. Can you update us on your progress?