Thread: Scale Evinrude Lower Unit Greasing

Default Scale Evinrude Lower Unit Greasing

I have a couple of OSE's Scale Evinrude outboards that I have installed on a much modified Dumas SK Daddle. The build is going very well--need to make some ballast adjustments with the ESCs, but overall pretty satisfied. Attached picture was taken before rotating radar unit was installed on the top of the radar arch.

Question: how to keep the lower unit greased? Steven from OSE suggested adding grease from the top, which makes sense. But I am wondering if that is what the plastic tube inside the unit is for. Is this tube used for adding grease to the lower unit? Thanks.
    Attached Images Attached Images

OSE offers half a dozen different OBs, which one do you have?

ERROR 403 - This is not the page you are looking for

This is the scale Evinrude model OB. I did find the same motor on the Graupner website, albeit with a different cover. Their description indicates that there is an external access for greasing the lower unit, so this may have answered my question. I did have an email exchange with Steven at OSE and he noted that there really aren't any specific directions for how to grease these units--they are made by a master craftsman, so don't have very detailed descriptions. Graupner's description appears to be their interpretation of how to do the greasing, but on close examination of the unit, it does make sense.

Thanks for responding.

The Dumas SK Daddle was one of the first RC boats I ever built and ran back in the 70's. Yours is truly a work of art!
    Thanks for sharing.

Nice boat! Would love to see some pictures of the back.