Thread: Motor kv

Default Motor kv

Hi guys been doing a lot of research for a motor choice for my 41?? fightercat single drive setup I won?t to go with tp4060 series but don?t know what kv to go with running 6s 5000mah in parallel 240a esc oval passes with speed in mind what kv motor should I run and prop compo to handle kv choice???

Are you talking about an older 41" Fightercat Fantasm cat? That hull is similar hull to the TFL Zonda, and is long and narrow, and designed more for SAW passes. TFL has also recently released a 41" Cheetah that they call a Fightercat Cheetah. That hull is significantly wider and more suited for running ovals.
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

Yes it?s the same as a TFL zonda hull

I run a TP4060 1700kV motor on 6S in my 37" Genesis. It's shorter and a little narrower than your hull. With an ABC 1915 prop is does 90mph consistently for SAW passes only. The Fantasm has flat right pads and will turn better than the smaller, narrower Genesis. I'm not sure what kind of run time or speeds you're after, so you'll have to make adjustments from there. Most Fantasm and Zonda hulls are built as twins, so it will be harder to research other single motor builds.
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

Yeah there?s not many single drive setups on this hull I?m looking for 8to10min run time with 60mph speeds

10000mAh is a good start, but won't get you the run times you want at those speeds. You don't really have the room for more battery capacity so you'll need to decide which is more important, run time or speed. Take all of these details back to your original thread. Fluid should be able to recommend a setup for you to get you close.