Thread: Aquacraft Revolt 30?

Default Aquacraft Revolt 30?

Got a chance to pick up a brand new in the box never opened aquacraft Revolt 30. Has anybody used this in P limited mono and if so is it any good. I don't care if I win or place just want to have fun and finish the race.

The revolt is a very nice boat. I never ran one in p limited mono. But I can tell you it corners like its a rails.

I would suggest that you give the trim some negative trim. 2 turns negative on each tab. It can also run through chops at high speeds. That's with that tabs set right.

I personally have my tabs on mine around 4 or 4.5 turns negative cannot remember exactly.
    I set my tabs with that much negative because I run a lot of power in mine. Example leopard 4092. I ran on up to 6s with a 1730kv leopard 4092 with a x642. And 5s with an m545.

I suggested 2 turns negative for you because p limited power is nowhere near the power I run and the boat will loose a little speed when it runs to wet.

You have a nice boat for certain.

Thank you for getting back to me so soon I appreciate the info.

Quote Originally Posted by Speed3 View Post
    The revolt is a very nice boat. I never ran one in p limited mono. But I can tell you it corners like its a rails.

I would suggest that you give the trim some negative trim. 2 turns negative on each tab. It can also run through chops at high speeds. That's with that tabs set right.

I personally have my tabs on mine around 4 or 4.5 turns negative cannot remember exactly.
    I set my tabs with that much negative because I run a lot of power in mine. Example leopard 4092. I ran on up to 6s with a 1730kv leopard 4092 with a x642. And 5s with an m545.

I suggested 2 turns negative for you because p limited power is nowhere near the power I run and the boat will loose a little speed when it runs to wet.

You have a nice boat for certain.
    Did you upgrade the flex shaft as I see the stock one doesn't hold up well. Also did you upgrade the rudder for dual Cooling.

Quote Originally Posted by jerry123 View Post
    Did you upgrade the flex shaft as I see the stock one doesn't hold up well. Also did you upgrade the rudder for dual Cooling.
    I run a .187 cable without the liner in mine. Leopard 4074 2000kv 180 ESC on 6s with 645 prop. It looks like a waterbug running in the water.
    I also run negative trim on the trim tabs.

I was given revolt from a club member. I also plan on running it as P limited mono.
    Already swapped stock connectors to 5.5 on the motor and battery’s.
    I need to get new linkage boot, new flex cable.

Quote Originally Posted by eric113 View Post
    I was given revolt from a club member. I also plan on running it as P limited mono.
    Already swapped stock connectors to 5.5 on the motor and battery’s.
    I need to get new linkage boot, new flex cable.
    Are you planning on running 2 4S in parallel to make sure you get enough run time to finish a race?

Are you planning on running 2 4S in parallel to make sure you get enough run time to finish a race?
    I was planning on 2 2s in series.
    Really all you need 5-6000mah to finish a race that includes a mill lap.
    Last edited by eric113; 12-24-2019 at 08:58 AM.

The Revolt 30 is an excellent boat. I liked it so much I got three of them but none of them passed the bathtub test.
    A little bit of silicone sealant behind the bolt plates solved the problem. Also 2x 2s 5000 mAh bateries in series will give you a 4 minute run without depleting the batteries to a dangerous level.

Quote Originally Posted by Revolt Flash View Post
    I run a .187 cable without the liner in mine. Leopard 4074 2000kv 180 ESC on 6s with 645 prop. It looks like a waterbug running in the water.
    I also run negative trim on the trim tabs.
    Where did you get your 187 cable from. Did you have to cut it to fit. And how did you keep water from getting in the hull?.

Where did you get your 187 cable from. Did you have to cut it to fit. And how did you keep water from getting in the hull?.
    https://www.offshoreelectrics.com/pr...ose-cable-187L
    If you have a dremel with cut off wheel you can cut it down down to size.
    You will need to pull the Teflon tube out of the stuffing tube.

I ran the upgraded shalf that offshore electrics sells.

https://www.offshoreelectrics.com/pr...ose-cable-187L
    If you have a dremel with cut off wheel you can cut it down down to size.
    You will need to pull the Teflon tube out of the stuffing tube.
    I bought a longer cable off this site. I cut it to fit and use grease to lube it every other run. The grease acts like a seal and helps keep the water out.

I bought a longer cable off this site. I cut it to fit and use grease to lube it every other run. The grease acts like a seal and helps keep the water out.
    Did you use the same coupler that came with the boat or did you have to use a different one for the .187 cable? If so could you point out which one you used.

Did you use the same coupler that came with the aquacraft or did you have to buy a new one to fit the .187 cable? If you had to buy a new one could you point out which one?

Sorry for being such a pain in the butt.

Did you use the same coupler that came with the aquacraft or did you have to buy a new one to fit the .187 cable? If you had to buy a new one could you point out which one?

Sorry for being such a pain in the butt.
    This coupler you need. 5mm to .187

https://www.offshoreelectrics.com/pr...prod=ose-81518

What eric113 said is correct. I used an Areomarine style but the one he suggested here will be easier and just as good.