Thread: Control Rod Boot

Default Control Rod Boot

Here is a generic control rod boot I designed that you can print with TPU flexible filament. Use a 4mm or smaller nozzle and print slowly - 10mm/s would be good. CAD design is a hobby of mine - if you think of something useful, shoot me a PM and I may give it a go.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files

• pushrod bellows.stl (1.84 MB, 173 views)

Legend 36 sailboat, KMB Powerjet Ed Hardy Viper, ABC jet pwrd BBY Oval Master, ABC Hobby Jetski, NQD Tear Into's, HK Discovery 500, MickieBeez pwrd Jet Rigger!, Davette/Gravtix jet sprint, KMB Powerjet Pursuit, NQD pwrd Jet Catamaran!,Steam pwrd African Queen, Sidewinder airboat, Graupner Eco Power

Here I made a hull fitting, might fit this boot. 8mm Cylinder x 11mm Length with a 7mm hole.
    Attached Files Attached Files

• Rudder Fitting.stl (50.1 KB, 158 views)

Many years ago ,i used airplane 1/8" plastic pipe ( I call it ) and drilled a 1/8" hole with correct alignment from servo to arm of rudder. Now you may have to bend the piano wire a little but works great. Just put grease in the plastic pipe. I don't know the correct name for pipe. Later I will give the answer after breakfast. I to had problems with boots that ripped. Now a gentleman from Canada told me of this idea, good for him!