Thread: Suggestions for Aeromarine Titan 29

Default Suggestions for Aeromarine Titan 29

Hello i would like to know suggestions for a p mono setup.

Cool

The Titan 29 is speed limited compared to more modern hulls. This is due to its basic design, with too much lift for the speeds available today. Not that it can?t be a lot of fun - I built one a few years ago and loved it - but for racing against more modern designs it will be slower and less stable. Bottom line, selecting the fastest P setup will likely result in frustration. A limited setup will provide plenty of performance, and this hull. Is probably best as a P Limited mono.

if you want more power and speed then adding weight will help. So will raising the strut to lower the boat into the water. But it will not be nearly as stable in race water as more modern designs with longer hulls exhibiting less lift.

ERROR 403 - This is not the page you are looking for

What Jay said - exactly ! If you rig the hull to contemporary P-Mono power, you'll have a real fun hotrod (in relatively smooth water) In racewater with a pack of 4 or 5 competitors, the water gets real sloppy fast & the T29 may easily invert.

Just for giggles I installed ( a typical P-Mono setup ; a Neu 1515 1Y 2200KV motor (4S2P - 2 x 5000mah 4S packs in parallel) for funsies. IIRC I tried to run in a P-Mono heat in AZ (WW VI or VII ) and made about one lap before the boat bounced upside down in a turn.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJ0m2lJyAtU

Best with a P-Ltd [36/60 mm 1500KV, 1800KV motor] Not as fast but more manageable : set up for early "spec LSO" which is a 4 minute race with right and left turns :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRZ4PAF9GY4
    2008 NAMBA P-Mono & P-Offshore Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder; '15 P-Cat, P-Ltd Cat 2-Lap
    2009/2010 NAMBA P-Sport Hydro Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder, '13 SCSTA P-Ltd Cat High Points
    '11 NAMBA [P-Ltd] : Mono, Offshore, OPC, Sport Hydro; '06 LSO, '12,'13,'14 P Ltd Cat /Mono

Thanks for the suggestions guy's!!!