Thread: Diego Claus 2019 #1

Default Diego Claus 2019 #1

GIFTED TO NAMBA328
    Baby Freya Catamaran
    Merry Christmas

Description:
    * You may remeber this hull as the Befu mini mystic or the Miss Longlite. This is the hull the mold was made from. There were three copies made and three more given to me. I passed out the copies to my friends and one beat my IMPBA record with one of the copy"cat" hulls. (Pun intended). So here she is, the original Baby Freya. aka Beful mini mystic, aka Miss Longlite.

21.25" L x 7" W

I started to mount struts to make her a twin, then i shelved her. You will get the hull, hatch, and custom stand tilted for display.

Giftee please pay actual shipping,
    as I cannot.
    Last edited by Diegoboy; 12-19-2019 at 08:24 PM.
    "A quick temper will make a fool of you soon enough."
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Bruce Lee. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

No one wants a free hull?
    C'mon people, I won't post the next of three till this one is spoken for.

The story of this hull to the best of my knowledge:

THIS is the thread where I acquired her.

There was very little info about the baby freya or how to get one. Today, with a lot of the sites no longer operating, the info that was available, has gone away.
    Ex:
    http://www.rbc-allgaeu.de
    http://modelisme-xtreme.com

Youtube videos of some still exist. Search "Baby Freya"

THIS German forum is still operating and has information on this hull, I found some beautiful examples of other baby freya hulls on here but it is in German
    A user there asked how to acquire a baby freya, and Hans replied:
    Quote Originally Posted by Hans
    No, there isn't, there won't be any more, at least not from brusherandy. Maybe someone will take it, but I can't imagine it.

Greetings Hans
    Brian a.k.a. Befu contacted me about copying this hull so I sent him the hull. He had her for about a year. He made molds of her and started what came to be known as the Befu mini mystic and the Miss Longlite.
    Befu sent me back the hull with several copied hulls. I gave away one of the copies to Meniscus who used one to beat my IMPBA N-CAT SAW speed record. I gave the rest to local friends Hazegry and Egneg.

If you search the forum for Befu or Longlite, you will find the other side (the dark side) story about this hull and her copies. You will also find the sale thread where the molds were sold to me.
    I was contacted by a forum member who wanted the molds to make another hull, I sent the molds, and lost track of him. I don't even remember who it was.
    So finally, here we are with the hull that started the mini mystic wave.

Pics of other baby freya
    SmartSelect_20191217-083554_Chrome.jpg
    SmartSelect_20191217-082157_Chrome.jpg
    SmartSelect_20191217-083504_Chrome.jpg
    Last edited by Diegoboy; 12-17-2019 at 08:38 AM.
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Bruce Lee. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Beautiful hull. I would ask for it if it wasn't for my lack of knowledge as I am new to the hobby. Someone with more experience will enjoy that! Thank you for doing this Diego!
    Last edited by Santig; 12-16-2019 at 07:27 PM.

What better way to learn than on a free hull?

Quote Originally Posted by Diegoboy View Post
    No one wants a free hull?
    C'mon people, I won't post the next of three till this one is spoken for.
    Are the other hulls the copies? I have a friend I'd like to paint this as a scale model and mount it at the lake house, but would prefer to leave it for someone else if they were going to try to get it running. But, if there's more...
    Last edited by fweasel; 12-16-2019 at 08:24 PM.
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

There are copies around. Someone even asked me for the molds I paid for, and never returned them. I forgot who it was.

Diego do you have the struts still? Or a website to get them?
    Tommy Levescy sponsored by: RCJuice.com, Rawspeed, Scorpion Precision Performance, TC Racing, Triton RC, Oxidean Marine and Cencal Hobbies.
    Current Namba 1mile record holder: Pltd sport hydro 1:19:72 P-sport hydro 1:14:31

I believe I still have the struts, I will have to literally dig for them because they are buried in my garage in an area I have to climb over things to get access to.
    The history of this hull is added in post 2

If you can find the struts I'd be interested in the hull. The struts are impossible to find online.
    Tommy Levescy sponsored by: RCJuice.com, Rawspeed, Scorpion Precision Performance, TC Racing, Triton RC, Oxidean Marine and Cencal Hobbies.
    Current Namba 1mile record holder: Pltd sport hydro 1:19:72 P-sport hydro 1:14:31

I would love this hull, but currently I have to scout out a new lake to run at., I may be speed limited for straight line.

On struts:
    Quote Originally Posted by Namba328 View Post
    If you can find the struts I'd be interested in the hull. The struts are impossible to find online.
    perhaps use normal struts like this:
    https://www.offshoreelectrics.com/pr...Sport+20+Strut

You may be able to use this with a extension on the transom for a more stylish look:
    https://www.mhz-powerboats.com/shop/...33-1-pair?c=70
    Cheetah, Super Rio, (Mod) Starship (Mod and sold),

If struts can't be found and Namba328 passes, I will take the hull for a painted shelf queen
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

I can easily seal the hole. It's not hard to do if you want to make her a single drive.

I'm looking to build it as a twin. So lmk if you can find the drives. I'm trying to find a set online.

Beautiful boat right there, would be a shame to see it shelved again! I'm interested as well in building a twin...

I would take her as well. With or without drives. Would go well with my Skunkworks gen 2 cat. Another rare beauty!

Diego I'll take her. Just let me know if you can find the struts. If not I'll come up with some.

I haven't had the time to dig for the struts. I did, however, look where I expected them to be and they weren't there. The dig is on but how do I decipher who asked for her first?

I was the first to say I was interested in the hull.

Okay Tommy, I'll get her boxed up and let you know.

I am a newb so I don't qualify, hopefully next year I can get in on the gift exchange! Great to see the comrodory that you gentleman have here in this forum. Hope to learn more about our hobby thru this site.

It's a great community indeed! I just started in the hobby but should be able to contribute next go round.

Keep an eye out for #3. I will open it to all OSE members no matter the post count.

Quote Originally Posted by Diegoboy View Post
    Keep an eye out for #3. I will open it to all OSE members no matter the post count.
    I hope it's a great one....