Thread: Help with Miss Bardahl model ID please

Thumbs up Help with Miss Bardahl model ID please

Hi all

I have just acquired a small Miss Bardahl model from my local shop for the princely sum of ?10.

Pictures of this on the web seem to indicate it is around the 1962 - 1965 iteration of the boat.

So, Can anyone help me a few questions I have please?

Any ideas on who made it and roughly what year is the model?

It is 22 inches from tip to toe (not including rudder etc) which seems to make it 1/16 scale? This is based on web info that the original boat was 30 feet. Does that sound right? Is 1/16 scale a relatively well known scale for this type of model?

What was the original motor/ battery combination likely to have been? It looks like a standard 540 brushed size mount.

I am only going to play 2s in this with a 2860 - 3400kv Leopard motor. Does this sound OK?

Thanks for any help you can give me on this.

Cheers in advance
    Andy

Apologies for upside down pics
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Andy T Boater; 12-13-2019 at 11:45 AM. Reason: Stupidly Uploaded Pics

Well...I really can't ID it....but whata nice find for sure...!!

Nice looking boat. It's kinda a model of the 62-65 Bardahl. The model you have looks like a Karelson hull with the slanted sides. The real hull had straight sides. The tail on the 62-65 hull had a step down, tall at the rear stepped down a few feet forward and straight to the head rest. With most 1/10th scales they run 1500kv motors. That may be to much motor for 2s battery. Hope someone will post as to a better motor combo. Hope you have lots of fun running your boat.

Not a scale Hull. Definitely not a Karelsen. Maybe a Maus Hull or Electric Thunder. What is it made of

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk
    "Our society strives to avoid any possibility of offending anyone except God.
    Billy Graham

20191214_094448.jpg20191214_094156.jpgIts almost like a plasticard looking stuff.

Thanks for your thoughts so far.

The top cover is one piece and moulded including driver and engine

The deck and hull are really thin with no internal supports

It almost looks as though the hull and deck are made together as one blow moulded unit.

There is an old Futaba servo in there and an engine mount that was at one time glued to the hull but no other signs on anything being glued in. No ESC, no battery mounts, no receiver mount.

I am thinking it is an old electric thunder though I am not really sure exactly what style hydroplanes they made

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk
    "Our society strives to avoid any possibility of offending anyone except God.
    Billy Graham

Quote Originally Posted by JimClark View Post
    I am thinking it is an old electric thunder though I am not really sure exactly what style hydroplanes they made

I am with Jim, my first thought was Electric Thunder....

Thanks all for your help

Google doesn't have anything on Electric Thunder that I can find.

Was that the company name or were they built/ supplied by someone else?

Thanks

It looks like Or reminds me of the early days of MRP way before DPI. Mostly sold in Seattle Washington and around the area. There was a large amount of people running 1/16 scale back then. (like late 1980's). I went up to my first FE APBA Nationals in 1989 Wild Waves In Federal Way
    I have the Radio Control Boat Modeler for back then when I find the set I will look for info .
    Randy
    For ABS, Fiberglass, Carbon hulls and Stainless hardware
    BBY Racing