Thread: Received new boat- 32 Skunkworks

Default Received new boat- 32 Skunkworks

Hello gents. Received this beauty. What are these hulls capable of in a SAW setup? Can it handle 8s speeds? Any prop recomendations for 6s?s-l1600 (2).jpg

Cool

When I raced mine nine years ago I had a few passes in the low 90s but couldn't put two back to back, my record on 6S was 85 mph. This was the last single-motor record in Q Offshore class, my goal was to see how fast I could go with a $80 motor on 1P in an inexpensive hull. For that time, pretty fast. The same boat with a 1521 Neu on 4S held an 83 mph record, but not a cheap motor. Motor size and quality matter.

The right prop will depend on the motor you use. I ran a used Castle 1515/2200 Kv motor on 6S using a Prather 235, but there are much better props available today.

I blew the boat over several times in the high 80s, it held up very well only developing one tiny crack.

ERROR 403 - This is not the page you are looking for

This one comes reinforced already it seems with a Turnigy 1650 kv motor and 180a seaking v2. Not sure of the quality of motor. My Cheetah is a twin with SSS 4082 2000kv on 4s 70c packs. I plan on upgrading the motor and esc unless that Turnigy is enough. Id like to try for 6s in it or maybe 8s if its capable. I would be thrilled if I could achieve 80s in that hull

s-l1600 (9).jpg

Here is my cheetah I just finished painting.
    20191203_215506.jpg