Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2020 Florida FE SunshineNationals Marrch 7-8, 2020 Brandon FL (classes & info)

I spent the first 50 years of my life in Minnesota so I know a March break in Florida cures cabin fever and shortens the long winter. I hope to reciprocate and make a MMEU summer race one of these days. Maybe we need a traveling trophy aka "little brown jug". My wife has uncles and cousins in the Milford area.
    Mic

Mic Halbrehder
    IMPBA 8656
    NAMBA 1414

Milford is close to our race. At the lodge you can tent even.

We have the Michigan Cup. The deal is that if you win that yer aspoata come back to defend it. That's a tough bugger to win. 3 man teams covering 9 separate classes. Took me 15+ years and raising a ringer to win it. haha

We can talk in some in March about guys coming up if they are so inclined. That's always a fun gig too.
    Noisy person

Here are some photos of the Brandon site I took over the weekend at the Nitro Champs.
    IMG_0433.JPGIMG_0432.JPGIMG_0431.JPGIMG_0430.JPG
    This is the drivers stand and hot pits

Mic Halbrehder
    IMPBA 8656
    NAMBA 1414

More from the pit area
    IMG_0429.JPGIMG_0424.JPGIMG_0423.JPGIMG_0421.JPGIMG_0420.JPG
    The last two pics are from across the soccer field which we cannot drive on. There is a driving lane along the row of RV's. After unloading trailers cars and trucks park at the south parking area with the exception of handicapped stickers. We are now 7 weeks until racing so sign up early so we can decide what classes will run. REMEMBER 4 BOATS to qualify a class.
    https://www.rcracingevents.com/cgi-bin/rcrev.pl
    Last edited by HTVboats; 01-20-2020 at 12:24 PM.

Mic Halbrehder
    IMPBA 8656
    NAMBA 1414

I’ll be getting my son and I signed up tonight

Great looking site fellas. Ty and I watched some of Phil's video from the weekend. Looks great.

Gett'n all our poop in a group. Still building boats unfortunately but close.
    Noisy person

As of today we have 20 drivers and 75 boats entered. I am pleasantly surprised to see P/lmtd Hydro and Sport Hydro already qualified with 5 & 6 boats respectively. These are not classes we run in our district regularly. Remember 4 boats needed to qualify the class. I opened up the mail In option so you can get on the list early and others can see what will run. I am sure as with most races the majority will wait until the last moment. The fall race tripled in the last weekend. 6 more weekends to get ready, then it's GAME ON!

Mic Halbrehder
    IMPBA 8656
    NAMBA 1414

Sweet!

Need more P sport and P mono. P Sport looks like an MMEU Club race at the moment. Surely there are more down that way.
    Noisy person

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12