Thread: I did it!

Default I did it!

I actually did it! I have won the Presidents cup this year in New Zealand. A total of 1405 points, the highest points tally ever and all done with FE. Praise God for the win.

NZ1
    NZMPBA 2013, 2016 Open Electric Champion. NZMPBA 2016 P Offshore Champion.
    2016 SUHA Q Sport Hydro Hi Points Champion.
    BOPMPBC Open Mono, Open Electric Champion.

Peter that's a great result for you & FE, congratulations are in order.

Congratulations Peter.

Excelent result for all your hard work.

Cheers.
    Paul.

Great Stuff - Congrat's
    2008 NAMBA P-Mono & P-Offshore Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder; '15 P-Cat, P-Ltd Cat 2-Lap
    2009/2010 NAMBA P-Sport Hydro Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder, '13 SCSTA P-Ltd Cat High Points
    '11 NAMBA [P-Ltd] : Mono, Offshore, OPC, Sport Hydro; '06 LSO, '12,'13,'14 P Ltd Cat /Mono

Peter that is awesome, it’s been a road for you but I am sure I am not the only whom feels proud of your accomplishment. Well done sir.
    Shawn

Thank you guys, your words are appreciated.
    (It is more than I have got here so far! Tall poppy syndrome and electric haters, whatever! A bit sad really, takes the gloss of the effort.)
    I have competed in every part of the 'discipline' this year, oval racing, 2-laps, 100M speed and offshore endurance. All with FE only, which no one else has ever done, perhaps anywhere?
    Hey I'm not trying to blow my own trumpet, just sharing the achievement, which is pretty special I think.

You should blow your own trumpet Peter. It's an achievement worth a bit of a fanfare.
    But you are right. A lot of gas guys hate being beaten by electric boats.

Nice work!
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

Quote Originally Posted by fweasel View Post
    Nice work!
    Damn skippy, now if we can get a little nuclear fusion power source we could get the runtime of gas too!

AND I'VE BEEN ROBBED! The obsessed president has claimed records and points for a non (self) sanction event that was not advertised where only two people did runs.

Bastards!!! Geez Peter, we’ll keep your head up and charge out again this next year (as long as it was fun). You are bound to tweak things and improve.

Nah Shawn, not going to involved with the NZMPBA or this rubbish next year.
    I have now been threatened by the cheating president. I'm over this crap! You have a national President here who is obsessed with winning the Presidents Cup, is the current holder, is the records collator, pc points collator, website admin, life member and his wife is association secretary. On top of that the committee members are not even familiar with the constitution or rule book. They have ratified his records set on a non sanctioned event. This guy has done more damage to model boating in NZ than anyone else. Several groups of boaters and individuals will not have anything to do with the NZMPBA.
    Earlier this year the president was called out for accumulating points racing against non members, they were taken off him but no other penalty. He arbitrarily removed me from the NZ forum and the committee upheld a "complaint" against me without following due constitutional process. I have since had a 'formal apology' from the committee for this, but is was sterile and insincere.
    The association treasurer sent me an email telling me he was "sick of my persistence with FE" and "he and others would be happy if I left the association" My complaint regarding this was dismissed even though he is an officer of the association.
    Why do I want to be part of an organisation like this? I will just run my club as Pres. On the up side of that, FE is having a growth spurt.

Oh man!! That whole scenario just SUCKS. But as long as you have a few guys to run with that is where the fun is.

Oh it has got worse overnight with him personally abusing me in an email and blaming our club for the being the cause of all problems. This one person has pushed away a number of grpups and individual boaters over many years. He is all about himself!

Sometimes there is stuff that get to ya, I have had my fair share with NAMBA and APBA. The guys that started IMPBA felt the same way and started Namba. There is many disagreements that have validity. I love the little toy boats and persevere. Remember the gas guys that hate FE are scarred of FE pushing them out and I do not think that is the case. We found in our district we need each other to make the district grow. and work. Hang in there! Time will work it all out. Oh Good luck too.
    Randy
    For ABS, Fiberglass, Carbon hulls and Stainless hardware
    BBY Racing

It goes beyond stuff getting to me. This an association President who has deliberately taken exception to me and done everything he can to villify me. His only goal this year was to beat me and there has been nothing he would not do including stealing points and twisting the rules and justified himself to do it. He is a dishonest cheat and is either just a nasty person or has serious mental heatlh issues.
    What cannot be taken away is the fact that all that I did achieve was done with FE. I am quite upset and saddened at the way I have been treated, but that is what bullies do, and there is no way to fix it. I just have to walk away from the national organisation and the grief. It is just astounding how badly grown men will behave over toy boats!