Thread: speaker brand for cars

Default speaker brand for cars

I have gone threw and liked in the past,, Boston acoustics,,, alpines r series,, infinity Memphis may be looking for another brand to try thanks Chris

Most of those companies have been bought and sold since you used them and as a result, different animals now. Most recently, the Focals have been my favorite, with JL audio a close second if budget is a concern. I'm in the audio business and could go on and on about why something should sound better, but I recommend you find a shop and give them a listen first. If you're not going to power them with an external amp (the best method) be sure to audition them with just head unit power to better match what you'll get in your car.
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

Quote Originally Posted by fweasel View Post
    Most of those companies have been bought and sold since you used them and as a result, different animals now. Most recently, the Focals have been my favorite, with JL audio a close second if budget is a concern. I'm in the audio business and could go on and on about why something should sound better, but I recommend you find a shop and give them a listen first. If you're not going to power them with an external amp (the best method) be sure to audition them with just head unit power to better match what you'll get in your car.
    I'm going to give you a call over the week end Ryan TY