Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Black Pearl II Hydro - 2020

Quote Originally Posted by Speed810 View Post
    Won’t be able to make it to the May 31 race due to a confliction, but will definitely be there for the June race.
    Gonna be a weird season of racing. Get here when you can.

Interesting I think is that the new boat likes a bit deeper strut than we're accustomed to. Still fiddling with the setup on the LSH version. I haven't started the bigger boat yet. I do like the idea of a Q sized version.
    Noisy person

Don't know if you noticed...but Bucket List Racing has been posting pics of the work being done to the boat they just acquired. Great shots of the under side of the sponsons.

Nice. They sure have some complex geometry! Makes our boat look like a toy!

Yes some very interesting stuff

Did you guys ever figure out what shape turn fin to use. Some turn fins are too aggressive (too much inward angle) and really slow you down in the turns. Here is one Brian Buass made for his rigger kit. His rigger works good with it and not so well with the UL1 turn fin. The mount should be adjustable or bendable to find out what works.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by detox View Post
    Did you guys ever figure out what shape turn fin to use. Some turn fins are too aggressive (too much inward angle) and really slow you down in the turns. Here is one Brian Buass made for his rigger kit. His rigger works good with it and not so well with the UL1 turn fin. The mount should be adjustable or bendable to find out what works.
    Do you by chance have a spare one of these fins?
    Tommy Levescy sponsored by: Panther Tires, CowRC, Scorpion Precision Performance, TheBuildRc.com, FTMGrip, and RCJuice.

We're using the fin that one of our local club members was making. It's the shape that Mojo sells. On my kids P boat we jumped up to a thicker version of that shape. On the small boat it's basically the mojo fin. BTW, the new small boat is scary fast in LSH.
    Noisy person

Quote Originally Posted by T.S.Davis View Post
    We're using the fin that one of our local club members was making. It's the shape that Mojo sells. On my kids P boat we jumped up to a thicker version of that shape. On the small boat it's basically the mojo fin. BTW, the new small boat is scary fast in LSH.
    Got video of the small boat?
    Tommy Levescy sponsored by: Panther Tires, CowRC, Scorpion Precision Performance, TheBuildRc.com, FTMGrip, and RCJuice.

This was early on. Its running better now. Maybe this weekend I can get fresh video.

https://youtu.be/fabcwbWEi0c
    Noisy person

Hi Shooter Darryl here , remember this one V.1https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=170183&d=1594954137&th umb=1&stc=1 can you tell me COG or the balance point is plz
    Im going to Nitro this one
    Attached Images Attached Images

No kidding. That's a sweet idea. I'll get it for you.
    Noisy person

Just checked. We're about 1" behind the sponson transoms.
    Noisy person

Thanks T.S .Davis. this will help a lot CMB beta evo will be its heart, Also , Shooter what is the price on a new Blk P , kit ? you have a great design , Love your first one . Darryl

Daryl! Of course I remember! You were one of the pioneers. I've learned a lot since then. Haha.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345