Thread: Ok good or bad?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Ok good or bad?

So for the 1/8 scale I'm planning on building next year. I'm thinking of this motor and ESC combo. I'm planning on running 2,4s and sometimes 2, 5s battery packs for 8s and 10s.

Neu Motor 1527 1.5d 1500kv

Swordfish Pro+ II : 240A ESC with Data Logging: Up to 12s

Also can anyone recommend a BEC or would it be better to use a 6v battery pack for my receiver?

Thanks for any replies.

Coop

Need separate BEC for anything over 6s. What is your goal? Zoom a few passes or oval? 1500 is a lot for 8s and no way for 10s. That would be 60k rpm. Even on 8 it?s 45k

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm hoping for a bit of both. No official racing.

You may need to reconsider the kv of your motor. As stated by photohoward1 1500kv is too much rpm on that voltage. Also (other members may like to chime in as i am definitely no expert) wouldnt you need a lower kv motor to match a largish prop to propel a boat of that size?

If i were you id probably do more research on motor, esc, voltage and props on what works efficiently with the speeds and type of running you are aiming for. Last thing you want is spending dollars and finding out it’s all wrong and/or burning things up.

There’s a lot of experienced members on here so best to gain more info from guys that have been there and done that.

You want the 850 kv. 1527 a proven motor for 1/8 scale

I have one I would part with if interested
    "Look good doin' it"
    See the fleet

I ran that motor in my SAW T-Sport Hydro on 8S, topped 100 mph but only for two passes then back to the beach. Most 1/8th-Scale hulls have way too much lift for that speed and will blow off with damage. As others have suggested, a Kv around 800 makes more sense, particularly on 10S.

ERROR 403 - This is not the page you are looking for

Thanks for the replies. This is the info I'm looking for. Is the Swordfish Pro+ II : 240A ESC with Data Logging: Up to 12s a good choice for 850KV motor. Also can someone recommend a Bec for this ESC . Thanks

For me best bec is a 2s lipo.
    "Look good doin' it"
    See the fleet

Your receiver controls the ESC. Receivers usually have 6-7 volts connected to them. The ESC controls the voltage from your 8 or 10s packs to the motor.