Thread: Americans can go Naviga Racing again!

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Americans can go Naviga Racing again!

I just saw on facebook that Oxidean Marine have joined Naviga, so for the first time since the '90s when NAMBA were members, Americans will have the opportunity to send a team to the next Naviga World Championships!

I recall Wilmer, Terry Davis, Brian Bauss, Ray Schrauwan, and Jesse J have expressed interest to me before but no American federation was a Naviga member and it costs rather a lot for a single person to join.

We don't run any scale classes, and I know you guys don't run any of the submerged drive classes, but there are mono classes (steps allowed) and Hydro (rigger) classes in 3 categories, Mini (hulls under 450mm long), 1 (2-3 cell), and 2 (4-6 cell). I think the Mono2 class would be a good match for your P- monos and P-ltd Offshore monohulls, and Hydro 2 would be a good match for your P-ltd Hydros. or maybe full P hulls for bad weather boats.

We make sure everyone has the same power available to them whatever the size of their wallet by the use of electronic energy limiters and a 6 minute runtime +10 second mill +in lap, the Limits are:- Mini 21 Wh, 1 60Wh, 2 120Wh giving an average power during the race of just under 200W, 600W and 1200W. With the power equal for everyone we can allow any Motor, ESC and Hull length (except the mini class which is under 450mm to keep them mini), and a choice of battery voltages, Batteries must be over 350g for 1 classes ore over 700g for 2 classes to avoid the situation we used to have of people using batteries barely big enough and draining them right down for competitive advantage.

Limiters are provided out of a hat for the European and World championships, so you don't have to buy one if you don't want to (although it may be helpful for testing if your ESCs don't have datalogging).

As it has been 2 decades since America sent a team, I really hope some of you can go, if you have ever been considering it this may be your only opportunity for a very long time, There is plenty of notice, while the date and location has not been set yet, it will be some time in summer 2021. There are 5 entries per class, per country allowed (plus a defending champion if applicable).
    Last edited by NativePaul; 11-20-2019 at 02:24 PM.
    Paul Upton-Taylor, Greased Weasel Racing.