Thread: Basecoat Paint Removal HELP

Angry Basecoat Paint Removal HELP

So I recently primered and basecoated my MHZ Mystic 1380 and the paint turned out awful so I am in the process of trying to sand it back down to primer and reshoot the entire boat. Does anyone have a good spray on paint stripper that would work with fiberglass to really speed this up because my handsander and 220 grit is working me to death. I would love to just spray on and wipe off because my arms dead. Spent nearly 10 hours so far just wet sanding and I?m not even half way done. Any recommendation would be HUGELY appreciated.

I was using SprayMax 2K epoxy primer and their 2K fillclean basecoat

BEE45202-FDA2-4BBA-A198-4D85720792FF.jpgDC681142-DF67-4B68-8BDC-5B48EEEA1891.jpg

Wish I was close enough to help!! Honestly it all looks adhered well, and if its smooth go ahead and reprime it.

@Mike W I wish you were too lol. I'm almost done sanding it close enough to go ahead and reprime so I'm gonna toss the paint stripper idea. Gonna wet sand it really good to 600 and then give it a hot wash with dawn soap and some degreaser aerosol with brand new tack clothes before I go for basecoat again. Dont know what I'm going to do if it turns out the same again. Knock on wood this time works. I'm gonna attach a picture of the paint before the sanding so everyone can see how bad it wasIMG_1998.jpgIMG_2042.jpg

I recommend elbow grease. Not the easiest stuff to use, but it works a treat.
    Paul Upton-Taylor, Greased Weasel Racing.